I did it...I got my new and improved basket holder finished. This is what it looked like last week and after deconstructing it and measuring it from every angle I’ve made a new insert that is more up to date. :o)
It has been awhile since I’ve made anything 3D, but I quite enjoyed the challenge of working out how the seams would line up and how I could finish all the edges.
I ended up making the middle, the flaps and the end pieces like mini quilts and bound 3 edges of the buttonholed flaps and the green sides. Then I secured them on the edge with the main body of the liner and bound the whole thing as one.
Then I brought the green sides up and used a ladder stitch to sew the end pieces to the bound edges of the body and that made it 3D. It worked surprisingly well! I added a two zipped pockets, one inside and one out for extra storage and used my zips from McZips. The results are this updated basket…which believe it or not, my daughter wants to claim back! Hmmph…figures!
Until next time...♥