Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Cure for Insomnia…

Bit of a strange title perhaps, but on this very raining Monday afternoon I found myself settled on the sofa stitching the binding on this quilt while watching Wimbledon.  Between the rhythm of the stitching and the regular hip-pop of the ball on the t.v. plus the darkened room due to the low clouds I soon found myself…

…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz asleep!

I woke just in time to see our favourite British tennis player secure his place in the next round and see the match determining his next opponent.

I should be able to share that finished quilt soon, once I unpicked the wonky stitching that I must have stitched in my sleep and get it washed. :o)

In-between tennis and raindrops I have also been working on more crumb blocks and playing with a new app on my phone called Pudding Camera.  It creates these instagram type pictures!  Pretty cool eh?

Until next time...

10 comments:

Anina said...

LOL. Maybe I should sew on bindings when I can't sleep at 2am in the morning.

susan said...

I love impromptu naps. The best kind!

Paula TheQuilter said...

Ah. I've had this happen only when I was knitting. When I awoke I had dropped stitches to pick up. *smile*

Katie said...

I always do my bindings while watching tv or a movie. I can't count the times I've fallen asleep, I"m just glad I"m not the only one!

Liz said...

A busy few days had caught up with you, Tennis would do that to anyone, Yawn.

Lynda said...

Lucky for you it wasn't Sharapova or another of the grunting divas playing, or you'd never have got any shut-eye!

Timi said...

I like your little quilt!!!
I wish it was raining here, too....we have very, very hot summer (36 Celsius)...
It's too hot even for sewing inside..:o)

Clare said...

Hmmm - won't work when those women are playing. You can't even concentrate on the match for the racket they make!

Wendy said...

It must have been really boring tennis. We've had way too much rain this year and it makes me sleepy too.

Thimbleanna said...

Haha -- I hate it when that happens. Can't wait to see your finished quilt though!