Tuesday, June 05, 2012

What day is it?

Oh boy, late again, but this time I have a really good excuse for why my “Sew into Solids” update is late by a day… you see there has been a rather large event taking place here in the U.K. and to celebrate we have been given 2 bank holidays (Monday and Tuesday).  What this means in reality is that it feels like Sunday night, not Tuesday… and Sunday felt like Friday… which isn’t the night I get my post ready for the Sew into Solids update…  Are you still with me?

Well whether Sunday or Tuesday an update is an update.  :o)

I now have 4 blocks made!! And have only 8 to go :o)

AND I have all my HST trimmed and ready to press… it made a little dust!! But should speed up my productivity as this was the bit I was dreading.

Katherine on the other hand is steaming ahead and has begun quilting her quilt!  Make sure you visit as she has a great tip for keeping on track when your quilting a panto type design on your domestic machine!

Also pop on over to the Flickr group…there have been some new pictures added by some of the members and they are quite beautiful!

Sew into Solids

Until next time....

13 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

I've been following the festivities too...makes me miss the UK!

Karen said...

Beautiful blocks, Jane!

carol fun said...

These blocks are fabulous! Love the graphic quality. I've been following the Diamond Jubilee events - very cool!

Amys Crafty Shenanigans said...

Wow your blocks look fabulous!! And so pefect for the red white and blue Jubilee!!! I'm so behind in my blocks...but I've been busy ;)

Lesley said...

Love your blocks! Glad you are enjoying the festivities!

Janet said...

Your blocks look wonderful!! It's been quite the celebration - enjoy!

Shirley said...

Looking good Jane. Know what you mean about the days. I am off to my sewing group today and it feels like a Monday and not the right day. Thought the Queen looked a little sad and tired yesterday but managed a few brilliant smiles. Wasn't the concert amazing and loved Madness on the Palace roof and the graphics.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I have made that block before but not in solids. I love your colours!

Katherine said...

Ah, how lovely your blocks are looking Jane!

Glad you've been enjoying the holiday.

Lynda said...

I'm impressed that you manged to make quilting time this weekend - I've struggled. Your quilt is looking good - can't wait to see the secondary patterns.

Sue-Anne said...

I have seen on our news the big celebrations - I imagine there is quite a buzz in your country now with the Jubilee and the Olympics.

Your blocks look fantastic and they are going to make a wonderful quilt.

Thimbleanna said...

Looking Good Jane! Are you all partied out from the weekend?

amy g :) said...

Those are looking great! Your teeny nine patches are so nice and straight