Monday, June 25, 2012

Pretty things…

Last week I celebrated my birthday, but as it occurred mid-week I decided to wait until this weekend to bake a cake.  As I’ve had wonderful success with this cake, I decided to stick with what works and make it again and I wasn’t disappointed.  I didn’t have quite the spectacular setting to consume it in as Alison did in this post, but with my eyes closed I could imagine it :o)

From real cake to cute cupcakes…  Judith posted about her daughter’s new venture into the world of Etsy (Poppy’s Pocket) and how she makes this adorable charms.  Well within 5 minutes flat of seeing these earrings I knew I had to place an order and get them for DD1.  She is thrilled with them!

On the sewing front, I’ve still been taming the scraps in the basket and I now have a nice pile of blocks started.  I’ve decided to make them 4 1/2” and think I will border them in a coordinated fabric.  I’m still mulling about the ideas in my head, but that’s one I’m contemplating.

In between sewing scraps, I’ve been sewing the units for my Sew into Solids quilt.  I’m a little closer to getting the remaining 8 blocks finished and can see the end in sight.

If you get the chance…have a look at these links of some of the other Sew into Solid work…

Until next time....

12 comments:

Liz said...

Many Happy returns for last week.
I love DD1's earings, Very cute.

Katie said...

Happy birthday, Jane! Your cake looks delicious and so so those cute earrings! I might have to get some, they'd be fun to wear to work!

Lizzie said...

Happy birthday for last week Jane, hope it was a good one..
Lizzie
xxx

The Cozy Quilter said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'll bet that cake did not last long! I am looking forward to seeing your finished solids blocks.

Judith, Belfast said...

Aw J the earrings look fantastic on your daughter. So glad she's pleased with them. Your photography is stunning! So wish I could take pics like that! Jxo

Janet said...

Happy Birthday Jane! Your cake looks YUMMY!

Ellyn said...

I love your scrap blocks (we call them crumb blocks) and those earrings are adorable

YankeeQuilter said...

A belated Happy Birthday...gorgeous cake!

Sue-Anne said...

Happy birthday Jane! Your cake looks delicious as does your little stacks of blocks.

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jane! Your cake looks delicious!

Timi said...

♫♪♥ Happy Birthday!!!♥♪♫
That cake looks sooooo yummmy!!!!

webmistress said...

I too am keen to see your solids quilt - I'm sure it'll be fabulous!