Monday, June 18, 2012

Crossing a few things off the list…

I'm not sure if it is the time of year that has influenced me, but I seem to be on a mission to finish some of these UFO’s and get these scraps I’ve been collecting under control.  Barbara of Pink and Barbara posted a picture of a basket full of scraps and I got this brain wave that I would do the same and get some crumb blocks started to see if I could empty my basket.  The last time it was empty was October 2010

Along with that, I’m still working on my Sew into Solids project and have pressed all the HST…all 120 of them.  (See I did show them to you after all!)  I just need to clip the dog ears and I’ll be good to go :o)

I’ve also rummaged around in the orphan box and found 5 blocks left over from when I made my Crossed Canoe Quilt.  They will get finished and made into a little Linus Quilt.

During this week while I was busy with all this productivity, Karen awarded me the Liebster Award.  She didn’t realize I didn't qualify (I have over 200 followers) but I thought I’d jump in and award it on to a few blogs that do ;o)

Liebster is a German word meaning favorite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by bloggers to other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.

Here are the rules for the Liebster blog award:
1.  Link back to the person who awarded it to you.
2.  Post the award to your blog.
3.  Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
 

(If you have done your math, you’ll see I’ve awarded 6 bloggers to make up for my disqualification :o)

4.  Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.
5.  List 5 random facts that people don’t know about you.

  1. I’m allergic to eggs and have learnt how to make cake and cookies with instant potato!  (..and no you can’t taste it!)
  2. I won 3rd prize for best sailor when I was a teenager.
  3. I once sent a birthday card to Don Johnson in the height of his Miami Vice career… I often wonder if he ever saw it!?
  4. It’s a toss-up if my favourite song is Footloose or Copacabana.
  5. I’m picky about peanut butter…I like it on toast, but not in cookies!  YUK!
Until next time....

8 comments:

Judi said...

Thank you for the Leibster award, I'm thrilled, I'm now going to choose some lovely bloggy people to award it to from me, what a great idea.

susan said...

Looking forward to seeing that scrap basket empty and another quilt made.

Karen said...

Ooh I love that quilt at the bottom of your post! I did not know you could substitute instant potato for egg. I wonder if my vegan sister-in-law could use that trick! I hope Don Johnson treasured your card ;)

Cortney Hill said...

I'm with Karen about that last quilt...it's gorgeous! Is there a pattern for that one somewhere?

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, I LOVE that last shot -- is that the result of the raid of your scrap basket?

And Don Johnson! Ooooh Baby!!! I'm sure he saw your card, but, probably at the time, had that messy little thing going on with Melanie LOL!

Linda Mullen said...

Happy Birthday Jane. (it's still June 19th here).

Kellie said...

Scraps!! Those are my favourites! I’m excited to see how they will end up. Once I made a large top from scraps, you might have seen it on my mother’s blog, colours and fabrics?

Kellie said...

Scraps!! Those are my favourites! I’m excited to see how they will end up. Once I made a large top from scraps, you might have seen it on my mother’s blog, colours and fabrics?