Friday, May 11, 2012

Update on those triangles…

Back in April I told you about a fabulous method to sew two triangles together and cut them in a specific way to yield 1 large HST and 5 little 5 HST.  Then came the fun bit to play with all the possible arrangements.  Truly good fun for a 9 year old daughter. :o)

After auditioning the very many settings, DD2 and I settled on this one.  As I had so many different colours and so many variations of “light” and “dark”, I opted to pool the colours together thus giving the eye a definite shape to see.

To finish I added a fine floral print border.  I felt that the range of colours in the border would compliment the variety of colours but would still “read” as a solid.  Had I gone for a red border then the red blocks would have dominated as would the blue blocks had I used a blue border.

My plan is to quilt it and finish it for Project Linus.  I haven’t decided what pattern to use, so if you have any suggestions please leave me a comment :o)

Until next time....

8 comments:

Lesley said...

This is a really neat quilt! Love the brightness of it!

Quilter Kathy said...

Another great HST design!

Jane said...

I love how this one turned out! Such wonderful scrappy colors all playing so nicely together!
Jane

Thimbleanna said...

What a fun way to set those different sized triangles! Would some sort of wreath or swirly design work in the big squares that are formed by four triangles?

Sharon said...

This turned out so pretty!

Cathi said...

What a fun quilt! I think it turned out fabulously!

Michele Pacey said...

Such a pretty quilt! I'm going to have to give that cutting method a try... You have me intrigued to say the least. :)

Lynda said...

This has turned out wonderful! I think you should hand quilt it 0.25" inside all the light shapes. (Only kidding!)