Thursday, May 31, 2012

Just Take Two Applique

One of the advantages to sitting on the patio in the warm weather is that I gravitate to my hand work as it is portable and requires little equipment.  I have now completed 2 appliqué blocks towards the Just Take 2 quilt and have a 3rd on the go.


I’m way behind on the piecing parts of the quilt, but I know I can catch up with that when the weather inevitably turns and I retreat back inside.

This is my entry for Katie's Hand Stitching Parade :o)
There and Back
Until next time....

10 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Just beautiful! I have some hand sewing to do too--binding on my recently quilted Roll Roll Cotton Boll. It is supposed to rain for the next few days so I may be doing my hand sewing inside.

YankeeQuilter said...

Your applique blocks look wonderful...love the blue fabrics you are using!

Andrea Louise said...

Jane, did you sew it together or used the applique technique?
I love the way it is coming by the way!

Shirley said...

Another lovely block Jane and perfect for sitting outdoors. I think we are in for some rain here as it is getting dark and breezy.

Needled Mom said...

They are just gorgeous. I need to catch up on mine.

Katie said...

Beautiful job, Jane! I did some similar Hawaiian style applique a few years ago.
Please, oh please add this to tomorrow's Handmade Parade! You'd be the star of the link-up!

Katherine said...

Oh, these are so lovely, Jane. Glad you've got nice weather and some handwork to enjoy.

black bear cabin said...

WOW! look at all those curves "shudder"...too many for me to even fathom! :) its beautiful!

Caryn said...

These are so pretty. I can't wait to see more. :)

Nic said...

These are beautiful! I haven't tried my hand at applique yet but I want to. Now I know who to come to when I need some pointers :)