Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Photos

When I arrived early for my class at Crafts & Quilts this morning I was presented with the most beautiful landscapes.  I was really wishing I had more than just the little camera on my phone, but as it was all that had with me I did my best to catch these few shots.  As always the best camera to have is the camera you have with you.

#54 Spring

(Another one towards my 112 in 2012)

These fields of rapeseed are typical of the English countryside in Spring.

All three pictures were given the lomo effect using The Gimp to give them that instagram feel.  I’m amazed how this one step processing gave these rather normal pictures a little something and accentuated the best features in the pictures.

As you can see even the car park is ready for the Jubilee :o)

Until next time....

10 comments:

Kitty said...

I really like the editing, Jane - they're lovely shots. I couldn't agree more about 'the best camera ...'

susan said...

I recognise that car park! It is beautiful in our countryside right now, isn't it. Love the photos as always.

Frances Arnold said...

When we spent 2 months in Oxford, we took the train to Edinburgh on May 1st. I spent the entire trip looking out the window at the Rapeseed fields.....SO beautiful!!

Lizzie said...

Spring here is the same although we call it Canola, right now it's a week before the official start of winter and cold, cold and freezing here in the mountains! There's nothing quite like mass Union Jacks flying is there? I've been here for 43 years this week but that sight can still stir the Brit in me.. :o)
Lizzie
xxx

Clare said...

The editing is fantastic. I'm still trying to get to grips with Grimp, but am running out of patience.

Timi said...

Spring must be beautiful in England!!! So wonderful photos!

Chookyblue...... said...

especially love the top photo............I always have a camera with me............

UK lass in US said...

Gorgeous pictures! The rapeseed one especially reminds me of home.

happy zombie said...

I love that the car park is even bunted for the Jubilee! All of your photos are so beautiful, Jane!

Tanya said...

And you have therefore just proved again that it is entirely your eye that makes the photographer, not the camera. Absolutely gorgeous.