Last Monday I challenged the Sew into Solids group to make at least one more block towards their project..me included. So yesterday afternoon I ignored the family and got my second block finished…and here it is:
Of course, from this picture I could be simply photographing last week’s block and trying to pass it off as block number 2…so here’s a better picture illustrating, that yes in fact I did make a second block. That’s 2 down 10 to go :o)
This time I cut my half square triangles larger (4” square cut on the diagonal) and trimmed them up to 3 1/2” and that worked so much better and helped with the accuracy I felt was missing in block one.
So did anyone else get some work done on their project?
- I know Amy got another block made
- and M-R got the quilting finished on her 1600 Quilt…go look, it’s gorgeous!
- Rachel got all her square cut… all 500+ of them and has started sewing blocks.
- Katherine is sewing in pink solids while waiting for her blue fabric to arrive.
- and last, but definitely not least Toni has made a zingy start.
If I’ve missed anyone, drop me a link in the comments :o)
Until next time....