There has been some wonderful activity in the Sew into Solids Flickr Group if you get a chance, pop over and have a look at some of the wonderful and inspiring pictures in the group.
I finally got my first block sewn together and I’m really pleased with it. I am noticing that accuracy is just that little bit more important when working with solids and I think I’m going to change methods of making my HST. These were cut using the Easy Angle Ruler which I love, but I think I really want these to be precise so I think I’ll cut my strips wider and then trim the resulting HST with the Eleanor Burns Triangle Square Up Ruler.
As well as looking at the flickr group, I thought I’d share what some members have been making and their blog posts.
- As always drop by and visit Katherine :o)
- then check out M-R’s posts about her 1600 Strip quilt in solids…really nice! oh and look at the back she made with using the Fibonacci ratio to work out the proportions..very clever idea!
- Amy’s been busy. Check out the 4 blocks she’s completed so far! Here’s are her other related posts here and here if you missed them.
- Toni’s picked her colours..lovely and bright…can’t wait to see what she does with them.
- Sandi’s making an Ironwork Quilt in solids.
- and Cinzia has a little sunshine in her quilt.
I hope I haven’t missed anyone…if I have add your link in the comments :o)
I want to thank everyone for the great pictures being posted in the group. Let's keep it going! I'm going to throw a challenge out to you to sew at least one more block towards your project..me included! and get a picture posted in the group by next Monday! :o)
That’s all I have for you this week. Hopefully I’ve have more than one block to show you next time…Happy Sewing!
Until next time....