Friday, March 23, 2012

A Mishmash of News…

There has been a little of everything in my world this week and I’m throwing all the news in one post.
For starters I have another finish for 2012!   This was started back in 2010 and if you have been reading my blog for that long you might recognize some of the blocks.  The colours are a bit brighter in person and I just love it!



From one finish to a work in progress…


Carolyn recently posted about some blocks she is making in blues and when I commented that they would match my Just Take 2 blocks she kindly offered to send me her scraps.  There are a perfect match!  Thank you Carolyn! :o)


I tackled this block which is one of the latest blocks for the Just Take 2 challenge.  I think I’m happy with it, though it was a pain in the *** to put together!  I began by hand piecing, but then when I got to the tight curves I struggled and didn’t really know what I was doing.  So I resorted back to my favourite method of piec-liqué.  From that point on I knew hand-piecing wasn’t going to work so it became an exercise in trial and error.  In the end I got there, but journey wasn’t fun!


If one squishy package wasn’t enough for one day…look what else came in the post!  The winning bundle of fabric from the Village Haberdashery!  Many thanks to Annie and Susan.  These fabrics are perfect for a mini project that will fit in quite nicely with my Sew into Solids challenge.


Lastly, have any of you tackled the free gift that came with the latest Mollie Makes?


I don’t know how to crochet very well at all, but I managed to get as far as the first set of instructions, and then got stuck.  According to their blog there was an error in the pattern.  I think I’ve corrected it in the right place…but I’m still stuck and can’t work out how to work the spiral surface.  I’ve tried googling and youtubing for a demo, but haven’t found anything.  If anyone can shed a little light (or even some plain English) on the subject I would be very grateful.  Thanks :o)


Until next time....

7 comments:

susan said...

The quilt is lovely, and I was sat here think how much I liked your block block. Then I read further and realised if you struggled with it then I would have a complete nightmare because you know way more about sewing than I do. Therefore I will not be asking to borrow the pattern!

Judi said...

That's exactly where I got stuck with the Mollie Makes crochet flower. I shall be checking in with your blog from time to time to see if anyone can shed any light on it. Love the quilt.

Amanda said...

I don't know which quilt I prefer; I love the bright colours, but I also love the look of blue and white together. I don't crochet so can't help you out I'm afraid.

Jill - And Sew We Go said...

Your quilt is gorgeous,what beautiful colours. You are very clever.

Jill

Thimbleanna said...

Your quilt is beautiful Jane -- Congratulations on a fun finish! Have you had any answers to your crochet question yet? I'd take a stab at it, but I don't have the pattern -- Miss Mollie is pretty hard to find around here!

Lesley said...

Your quilt is stunning! And love that blue block. Your pictures are just so darn cheerful...I love it!

sewkalico said...

Wow another finish!! It's beautiful!