Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bargello Finish!

I think this must be my first quilt finished for 2012!  Set as a challenge to use up some scraps, several friends and I set off to make the Scrappy Bargello pattern from Bonnie Hunter.  Me being me, decided to try the pattern in 3 1/2" strips.



As a result, the quilt grew very quickly, but I don't think the visual effect was as good as the others who used 2 1/2" strips..like Lynda and Liz.



Just the same I think it will make a good Linus quilt and I'm sure will bring some warmth and comfort to someone.



As you may remember I have already started a second one in 2" strips and I'm loving the results!  It is currently 54" square, but I've got a plan to make it larger :o)

In other news I have ordered my solid fabric ready for the Sew into Solids challenge.  I can't wait to reveal my plans and colour scheme to you...  I just hope it looks as good in real life as it does in my head! :o)

Until next time....

11 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Love it Jane. I love it. I made a bargello purse in 9th grade. I'll never forget how fun that was. I never thought of a bargello quilt before. I may have to steal this idea sometime.

eva said...

It's so beautiful!! The colors are so mine with blue and pink-red shades.

Lynda said...

The quilt is lovely, but, sorry, I have to agree that the smaller squares give more punch!

Trudi said...

Either size, it's a beautiful quilt!

YankeeQuilter said...

Isn't the scrappy bargello a fun process?! I've made two...

Pat said...

Very handsome quilt. The kind that would make any body warmer just to look at it!

imquilternity said...

Your quilt is quite beautiful and I like both size squares. You've inspired me to start cutting 2" strips, though, for a quilt of my own. I need some mindless sewing right now!

Quilter Kathy said...

A lovely finish! And a great scrap buster!

susan said...

I think the quilt looks great - nothing lost in the through using your wider strips!

Thimbleanna said...

It looks great jane -- WooHoo for the first finish of the year! I can't wait to see your solid selections. I've always loved Amish quilts and they're such an inspiration for all solid piecing.

sewkalico said...

Well done! I'd love a 2012 finish!!