Tuesday, March 06, 2012

112 in 2012 (#7)

I have taken 22 pictures in my quest to complete 112 pictures in 2012 and there are exactly 300 days left in 2012...so as long as I take 1 picture every 3 days I should complete the challenge :o)
I hope you like these next 4 pictures...I'm quite pleased with them.



#83 In Your Own Garden

Straight out of the camera and taken with my point and shoot..The cobwebs were amazing in the misty morning!
I took several pictures that morning, but the best were taken with the macro setting on the little camera.



#25 Crockery, China or Pottery

I love this tea cup and saucer set! It was given to me by my m-i-l's neighbour and I have moved it from the U.K. to Canada and back again and it is still in one piece :o)



#29 Leap Day (Any shot to be taken on, or relating to 29th February 2012)

I'm a bit late...but I did finally get a picture taken for the 29th of Feb. I've added a texture to the image which I've never done before, but I think it works...?! ;o)

Apparently in 1288, Scotland supposedly passed a law that allowed women to propose marriage to a man. Tradition states they also made it law that any man who declined a proposal in a leap year must pay a fine...luckily for my DH he said yes 8 years ago!  I'm sure it worked out cheaper for him this way! LOL



#30 Pink & Green

Tulips with the afternoon sun streaming through.  Spring seems to be on its way!

Until next time....

14 comments:

piecemealquilts said...

Spiders freak me out but I love cobwebs. At least, I love cobwebs when I can see and admire them. Not so much when I walk through them unexpectedly. Your mist covered cobweb photo is spectactular!

Katherine said...

More fantastic photos! Really love the way you captured the mist on that spiderweb. Wow.

Timi said...

Pink and green: it's beautiful!!!! Spring IS here! :o)
I like all your photos!

LynCC said...

Gorgeous pictures - the web is amazing

Thimbleanna said...

You're so funny -- I love your take on the Leap Year photo. And that cobweb photo is gorgeous -- I'm always disappointed in close ups that I try to take with my big camera -- I need a little point and shoot LOL!

Rebekah said...

Love the Leap Day photo... very artsy! :)

susan said...

I'm trying to pick a favourite photo and can't. I thought it was the spider web, and then the tulips came along. Love them all, quite frankly!

Lizzie said...

great shots Jane and I love the tea cup, such a lovely shape and design. apparently the fine for refusing to marry the girl that proposed was a pair of gloves a month for the whole year to hide the fact that there was no ring on her finger!! read that somewhere just last month....trivia, don't you love it..
Lizzie
xxx

Cathi said...

Beautiful photos, as usual!! I love the wedding rings one.

Sue-Anne said...

Your photos are lovely and it will be good to look back on them in years to come.

Frances Arnold said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Tammy said...

Great photos, I love the spider web, cup and saucer, pink and green but my favourite is the leap year one with the wedding rings. They are all winners! Your a very talented photographer!

randi--i have to say said...

VERY nice photos! i do love the spiderweb one!

Leanne said...

Great snaps as always LOVE the web.