Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Quilting and Sewing Update

Time to share some sewing progress from the last week with you.

Looking through the blog archives it would seem these next two quilts were started in October 2010!  You may recall my original post with the link to the book by Lynne Edwards.  In a moment of madness I chose to work on two quilts at the same time and as a result have two very different quilts with the same blocks.

The first is all done in pinks and blues and is quite girlie.  It is all machine quilted using quilt-as-you-go method.  I have seamed up the back by hand and it just needs some borders, some final machine quilting, binding and a label and then it will be done.



The second quilt is all in homespuns and is mostly hand quilted using big stitch with size 12 perle.  Like the other it needs borders and binding, but it will also get a bath in some dye to antique it.  I have always wanted to try over-dyeing and this, I think, is a perfect chance to try it.  Don't worry I will blog all about it..even if it is a disaster! :o)  Here and here are a couple more posts about these quilts in the making.



Lastly I had to show you the latest dumpling bag I made...this time the larger size for our friend Miss B.  These little bags are so much fun to make!  Here's the link to the original pattern if you missed it the first time.


Until next time....

12 comments:

Ann J said...

Both are lovely quilts, Jane, but I think the homespun one would be my choice - can't wait to see it finished !...Luv Ann J

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- how fun to see two totally different quilts from the same pattern. They're both really pretty. And that little bag is adorable. Good Work!!!

Leanne said...

I do love the girlie one. Good luck with the dying.

Lesley said...

Jane, I love your quilts! They are beautiful, and cozy, and each one is so unique with your choice of fabrics. Your little bags are pretty special with the name embroidered on them. Too cute!

Jane S. said...

That homespun quilt makes me want to curl up under it and read all afternoon! Wonderful.

Shirley said...

Well done Jane, your madness has produced two beautiful quilts. Will be interested to see what happens when you antique the homspun one. Pretty purse - lucky Betty.

susan said...

Both those quilts are stunning but I really love the first one. You make the most amazing things!

Jenny said...

Such beautiful quilts - both are so lovely - can't wait to see the homespun one when it's been dyed :)
And the cutest little purse :)

Liz said...

It always fascinates me how different two quilts can look made from the same pattern. I am loving toe homespun version, good luck with the dying, brave lady! I like making those little purses too.

Liz said...

Woops! Should have previewed that comment, clearly the o should have been an h.I often talk rubbish (according to my family)but that one is in print.Feel free to delete Jane.

Jane said...

I love these quilts so much! Can't wait to see the homespun one tea dyed!

webmistress said...

They are beautiful and I can't decide which is my favourite!