Tuesday, February 28, 2012

More Just Take 2 Blocks...

So far I'm keeping up with the Just Take 2 blocks and I'm all up to date.  These last 3 were a mixture of paper piecing, appliqué and some fiddly inset piecing which went remarkably well!..Never have I know to sew in 4 intersections and have them all turn out right the first time around!  Mark it in your calendars because that is never going to happen again!



I'm loving the blue and white combo and these blocks are all 9" finished.  Incidentally that is twice the size of a Dear Jane block and I can't help wonder what would happen if you sized up a Dear Jane block to 9"... that would make a nice size to work with.



Only a couple of days to wait for the next set of instructions!  Can't wait :o)



Oh and one more thing...make sure you pop back tomorrow.  It's leap day and there is something worth jumping up & down about :o)

Until next time....

11 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love the blue and white blocks you are making! I am working on 4 1/2" baskets in bright spring colours right now.

Lesley said...

Love the blue blocks! The darkest block has a pattern I have never seen before...very pretty!

YankeeQuilter said...

I sized up the Dear Jane blocks to 6inches and it worked well...love your blue and white fabrics!

randi--i have to say said...

such pretty blocks!

Thimbleanna said...

VERY pretty Jane! I'm loving that blue too!

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful. I am enjoying the blue and white you have chosen too.

Janet said...

Your blocks look wonderful! You gotta love it when everything lines up the first time :0)

Ellyn said...

beautiful blocks! See you tomorrow...

Primrose Patch said...

Thank you so much for your kind words and comments, I hope to be back blogging soon. I am also loving the blue colours , especially the dark blue one, such a great pattern.

Karen said...

I'm really loving these blue and white blocks - the designs are just stunning. looking forward to seeing more.
Karen x

Barb said...

Your JT2 quilt will be great in blue and white - fresh and pretty!