Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Stitching into 2012

If you recall from this post I was going to spend some of my free time in the holidays stitching...and that I did.
I managed to get the pin cushion pattern from Lynette Anderson finished well before Christmas...



So pretty when it was finished and now it looks a little different as it has already been pressed into service and looks more like a porcupine! LOL But it will service me well as a pin cushion as it is quite a good size and won't get lost as easily as my old one.



It went together so well that I was spurred on to do some more stitching, but not before sorting out my stash of embroidery floss.  As Christmas Eve isn't really the best time to be heading out to the craft shop I decided to look online to see if there were any printable spools.  Lucky for me Wild Olive had these printable bobbins which were perfect for the job.



As I didn't want another pin cushion nor to start something large like a quilt, I decided that what ever I chose to stitch should be something useful and practical. :o)  Jumping on the band wagon, I printed the Keyka Lou pattern for this darling little dumpling purse and prepped some green linen for stitching.



I'm so thrilled with the results and how easy it was to make.  The instructions were really easy to follow and I can see myself making a few more in the future.  Now I just have to decide what I'm going to use my little purse for...any ideas? ;o)

Until next time....

27 comments:

Timi said...

Your stitching is so beautiful!!!
I like them ♥!!!

Deb Levy said...

beautiful!

Mona said...

It`s beautiful! Wonderful stitshery! Hugs from Norway.

Anne Heidi said...

Such a pretty pincushion, and the little bag is adorable! Perfect for your bank card, money and a lip gloss I would think :-)

Shirley said...

Lipstick purse sounds like a good idea or a key purse. Very pretty project Jane. Did you know Lynette Anderson is teaching at Cowslip this year?

Ellyn said...

beautiful! I think the purse looks just perfect for your embroidery supplies, a few colors of thread, a little pair of scissors, some needles & maybe a needle threader?

Cathi said...

You do beautiful stitcheries! I love that pincushion and the bag is wonderful!

Liz said...

I have Lynette's Noahs ark embriodery in my UFO box, long past time I got it quilted and I made a purse like that, mine is great for keeping £ coins for car parking but yours is too pretty to be left in the car!Is it big enough for spending money at the next Rocheberrie meeting? :-)

Thecraftytrundler said...

Gorgeous stitchery!!

Sharon xx

Sue-Anne said...

Love your pincushion and your little green purse is divine! Love it!

Lauren said...

Cute little purse. How about tucking a pill box in it? Here's an idea - make a java jacket (coffee cozy) with embroidery on it. I'm sure you can come up with a fun design.

Anymart said...

Hi Jane, I love your stitching! The pin cushion is so cute. That little bag is great to take a spool of thread, a thimble, some needles and a thread cutter with you. Everything for an on the go project!

Amanda said...

I love the little purse. I need to make one to keep my memory sticks in; they make them so small these days that I keep mislaying them.

Jackie said...

Love your stitched pincushion! I've been wanting to make one of those dumpling bags but just never got around to it. It would be great for some stitching supplies, knitting stitch markers and darning needles, coins, etc.

Lynda said...

Oh my goodness - you're turning into a stitcher! Not that it's not all cute, but come back, Jane the Quilter, please!

Trudi said...

Beautiful! LOVE your dumpling Pouch, they are so addictive :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Adorable little projects! I would not want to use such a cute little purse...I would just like to admire it!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Yours, Ulla

Rachel Hauser said...

I use the same little thread bobbins. They're so fun!

susan said...

Waaaaay behind in my blog reading but those two makes are absolutely adorable!

Bonnie said...

What beautiful embroidery. I love the pincushion. And the dumpling purse is the perfect size.

Loralynn said...

I LOVE your new pincushion and your dumpling bag turned out absolutely darling!

Katie said...

So very cute! May I use your idea for the little bag?

Tanya said...

I didn't know what you were talking about with "Printed bobbins." Had to go take a look... Hmmm. I want some of those! I'll have to start some embroidery to justify making bobbins.

My 1st Bambina! said...

Too cute for words!!! Love that pincushion and your beautiful stitching!!! It doesn't look like a porcupine at all. The colors of that cosmo floss are gorgeous!

deeboo said...

I too love the pin cushion. Very pretty. Can you please tell me what the fabric is called underneath your devine stitching. Many Thanks! :-)

deeboo said...

Beautiful pin cushion and stitchery. I also love the fabric you have used underneath,is it possible for you to name the fabric with the bees on as this too is lovely? I,d like to make a cushion cover with this fabric. Many Thanks