Friday, January 27, 2012

Sploosh....

Well I resisted as long as I could, but in the end I couldn't help myself...and sploosh I dove straight into making a house from the Building Houses from Scraps blog.  I figured if I made one then that would satisfy the itch...right?



I redrafted the original pattern in EQ7 so I could work in inches.  (I just couldn't get my brain to work in centimetres as the original was 7.5 cm) This does make my blocks a little bit bigger finishing at 3 3/4"...but in cm or inches it is still small.  I printed my templates onto freezer paper and set myself up to hand piece the block.

So can any of you bright sparks out there see the mistake?

Well it would seem I forgot to mirror my templates so my house will be facing the other way!  :o)  Doesn't really matter (unless there is some reason it should face the other way) and it is still cute.



So did I just stop at one?  Well you will have to wait and see :o)

Until next time....

17 comments:

Lizzie said...

I highly doubt you can stop at one Jane...really! :o)
lizzie
xxx

The Nifty Stitcher said...

That is such a cute little block. Love it !

Timi said...

It's really cute! I can't wait to see more...:o)
Have a nice weekend!!!

Kathie said...

I KNOW exactly what you mean I just couldn't work in cm either!
I have resisted so far, but maybe not to much longer!
Kathie

Terry said...

Your house is so cute! And I think if you make a bunch of these, you should make some facing each direction. Now that would be cute! :0)

Quilter Kathy said...

Adorable...how could you possibly stop with one?!?

Shirley said...

Woohoo Jane! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist for much longer and I definintely know that you won't be making just the one. With all this building going on should we be forming a union and will someone win a prize for the housebuilder of the year? If someone breaks the rules will we all have to down tools?

Happy housebuilding.

Janet said...

Your house is so cute!! I wanted to join in and make some of these cute little houses too - the only thing stopping me is how much I dislike handpiecing. I look forward to seeing your neighborhood :0)

YankeeQuilter said...

love the flowers fussy cut for the window!

Taryn said...

How could you stop at one when the first one is soooo pretty!?! Keeping track of the directions of the asymetrical pieces is always a challenge to me. Your little house looks so English to me - love the flowers and the fabrics in your sky and roof.

Katie said...

Welcome in! The water is divine! LOL

Karen said...

Looks like fun. You can do some mirror image blocks. Hey, not every house faces the same way on my street!

Thimbleanna said...

I'm saying NO you did not stop at one LOL! Good for you for jumping in. If I can get a few UFOs done soon, I might take the plunge myself!

Lynda said...

If you've got any sense, you'll stop now!

*karendianne. said...

ahhh gee, how cute. I love the fabrics and I have to say the chimney fabric is a real super fav!!!

Pokey said...

I find making them like potato chips, I gotta keep going. I do NOT plan to make them all (366) but I have already completed more than I was going to, so its' kinda fun! I found the paper pieced ones easier, btw.
:-}pokey

sewkalico said...

What a pretty house - love it!