Saturday, January 21, 2012

Local Quilt Shows - Part 2

Last Wednesday 4 of us, Lynda, Liz and Muriel (no blog) and I went to the Heart of the Shires to see the exhibition of student's work at Crafts and Quilts.  There were some fantastic projects and I wish I could give credit where credit is due, but I didn't take note of the names...I know terrible!



I love this draft stopper!...but I also love the stripey quilt you can see behind it because that is the work of one of my students that took what she learned on my FMQ class and put it to use!  For me that is the biggest compliment to know that I empowered someone to go forth and quilt!  Just wonderful!



Now this next piece is so stunning...An English walled garden!  So many details and so much work!!



Look at the little gate...



..and the outside as decorated as the inside...



You can almost hear the water...



..and the dog and his lead.





These teddies were sweet.



And here's Alice's cardigan...
Now I'd like to draw your attention to the label.  Started in 1993 finished in 2011!
You know what this means?!  There is hope for the oldest projects in the UFO box!



Lastly, but not least another example from a student who used FMQ for the trees.  I think she did a fabulous job!



Until next time....

5 comments:

Judith, Belfast said...

What amazing talent! Looks like an inspiring exhibition! Jxo

Rachel said...

Very cool. That English garden is just amazing!

Frances Arnold said...

I love the garden.....such creativity!!

randi--i have to say said...

that english garden is amazing! and that draft stopper is adorable!

Lynn Koeppen said...

Wonderful pictures. The little garden is unbelievable!