Friday, January 20, 2012

Local Quilt Shows - Part 1

I found an happy surprise when I checked the files on my pocket camera only to discover the pictures I took at the Bramble Patch exhibition which took place before Christmas.  It's never too late to show you some of the treasures that were on display, so here is the post about them...enjoy!



These close-ups were of a stunning quilt made by Janet Howes and I have just checked the Bramble's website and it would seem it was the winning quilt!  Congrats to Janet.  If you liked to see a full picture there is one with Janet on their site.



I also loved this scrappy quilt and the gorgeous hand quilting...so pretty and so bold to use red thread!
Love it!





Then there were these lovely hearts with buttons...



I thought these were sweet and would lovely in any sewing space.



Tomorrow I'll post about my trip to the Heart of the Shires....stay tuned :o)


Until next time....

7 comments:

Janet said...

That's a very confident hand quilter to use red thread! Beautiful pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Judi said...

I love Bramble Patch, I'm going tomorrow to buy red fabric for a quilt.

liz said...

That is such a red post. I'm glad I read it. The red and white looks a perfect combination and I would love to see more red, or blue, or whatever coloured quilting.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- those quilts are so pretty. I especially love that first applique quilt -- the colors are gorgeous and the stitching is awesome! Thanks for remembering to share them!

Shirley said...

Love the red quilting and the hearts and what pretty fabric has been used for the winning quilt.

Kathie said...

the hearts are adorable but oh my I LOve the quilting on the first quilt .
The scrappy quilt really talks to me and she quilted in in red thread, how brave!
I LOVE IT!!!!!!
thanks for sharing an inspiring post
Kathie

Cathi said...

Oooh, that scrappy quilt is gorgeous -- and such a brave move, using red thread for the quilting!