Friday, January 06, 2012

Expanding my Quilting...

The last of the blocks for my Lynne Edwards Sampler Quilts are finally nearing completion.  Each block has been quilted and all that remains is to piece the blocks together and sew up the backing in quilt-as-you-go style.



I'm really pleased with this block, not only because of the curved piecing, but because of my freehand free-motion feathers!  My friend Liz loves quilted feathers...she often adds them to her quilts and although she probably didn't realize I was taking note...she's been influencing inspiring me to give them a go :o)  She might have a point...I love the effect on this block and have already been thinking about what else I can feather! :o) Thanks Liz.



I hope it won't be too long before I can reveal this and its homespun twin in their entirety in the next few weeks.

Until next time....

17 comments:

Shirley said...

Love the feather quilting Jane. You are clever. Shall look forward to the reveal.

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suburban Stitcher said...

wow! beautiful!

YankeeQuilter said...

Your feathers came out great! Congrats!

Ann J said...

Lovely, Jane! Isn't it a great feeling when you crack those feathers :-) Luv......Ann J

Janet said...

Your free motion feathers look wonderful! It's the only shape I have any success with when I free motion quilt. I can't wait to see both of your quilts.

Rachel said...

Oh wow, Jane. This is beautiful!

Katie said...

Pretty fabrics too! :-)

Tammy said...

Jane, Your feathers are beautiful. Love the fabrics as well. Are you joining the 2012 free motion quilting challenge? http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/p/free-motion-quilt-challenge.html

Lynda said...

I'm looking forward to the Great Reveal next Wednesday!

Jane in Wales said...

I look forward to seeing that because they look really yummy already!
Jane

Terry said...

Your sneak peek is so pretty! And your quilting on it is just beautiful! :0)

Tanya said...

That is a fantastic block with fantastic quilting. A whole quilt of that would be striking!

Thimbleanna said...

Love those feathers! I can't wait to see the whole quilt -- it looks beautiful!

Mimi said...

Jane! I love feathers but have never gotten the courage up to try them on something I have made. It's a dream of mine to someday do them. Your block is beautiful. I love the colors. They are so feminine and spring-y feeling. I am sure this is going to be one beautiful quilt when it is done. Good for you,

Karen said...

Beautiful block Jane, and I love those feathers, can't wait to see the quilt in full.

Bonnie said...

I can't wait to see the blocks put together. They are so pretty and cheery.