Wednesday, January 18, 2012

112 in 2012 (#2)

Well I might actually stick with this photograph challenge.  It is only week 2 and I have another set of pictures.  Granted I have another 50 odd weeks to get through, but it is promising to get a few more snaps done at this early stage.  The whole point of the challenge is to keep the camera handy and keep taking pictures and that's what I'm doing. :o)

This week has seen chilly weather hit the U.K.  (granted not nearly as cold as Canada where Montreal saw -19C!  Now that's cold!)  Check out Lina's post and you'll see what I mean! But with the chilly weather brings some beautiful crisp blue skys and plenty of picture taking opportunities.


#75 Five minutes from home
Taken last Saturday while the sky was clear and crisp. Slightly modified in Gimp to give it a bit more punch.


#51 Winter
The cars were covered in these amazing snow crystals.  If you look closely you can see the odd hexagon!


#51 Winter (yes another one)
More icy crystals... couldn't stop at just one entry for winter..


#93 Reflection
I was really please I caught this water droplet as it dripped just after the picture was snapped...I love the cool reflection captured.  Once again my little pocket camera is the best for these close up shots.

Until next time....

19 comments:

Jane in Wales said...

Wow! I am really impressed. What is your little pocket camera? It's brilliant. That waterdrop is just amazing!
Jane

Timi said...

I love ALL your photos, but #93 Reflection is great!!!

Things Hand Made said...

wow, amazing picture esp those crystals and the water droplet.

Amanda said...

Brilliant, especially the water droplet, the reflection is perfect.

Jackie said...

Jane, I've always thought your photography was amazing. All of the photos in this post are amazing too but the last one is totally spectacular! I'm glad you're enjoying this challenge because I get to see pieces of it too. :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Just perfect!

Terry said...

Those ice crystals are amazing! And I love the water droplet! It's wonderful! :0)

Di said...

Jane, your photography is absolutely amazing. Wonderful to follow!

Jane said...

The "drip" is amazing!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Jane - that droplet picture is amazing for a pocket camera! I'm always frustrated when my big camera can't capture those close ups and a little camera can. Beautiful photos!!!

Shirley said...

Fabulous Jane. Love the droplet on the twig. The hexagons surely must qualify for my search for them in unusual places.

black bear cabin said...

what fun...i signed up to play too, but have yet to take any photos...guess i better get busy :) I love your winter shots...they made me chilly! Thanks for the inspiration...i guess i better get to it! :)

Karen said...

Hi Jane, your photos are fabulous! The reflection water droplet is my favourite - clever lady!
Karen

Quilter Kathy said...

You inspire me so much...love the latest shots, especially the water drop...award winning photos for sure!

Miriam said...

Cool photos! I love the ice crystals!

Liz said...

That water droplet picture is super fab Jane

Cathi said...

Your pictures are stunning, every single one of them, but the water droplet is absolutely fantastic!
Lucky us that you're doing this photography challenge -- we're getting to see some amazing photographs!

Rachel said...

Very cool! I looked at this photo challenge (and, in fact, have the list copied to my iPad) but I'm no photographer. I'll just enjoy looking at your pictures ;)

Lina said...

-21C right now, brrrr! Love the droplet!