Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Quilty Round Up 2011

This was a much more productive year than last.  2010 seem to be a year of making tops and not much else but the advantage was that I had several flimsies ready to be quilted very earlier on and as a result had a good 2011 in terms of completed quilts.  Some were for Project Linus and others were for gifts.  Most were lap sized quilts or smaller. 

These four were all for project Linus....

  1. Colour Impact Quilt for Project Linus, 2. Colour Impact Quilt for Project Linus, 3. linus quilt Colour Impact, 4. Floral Quilt
The top two if this set were project Linus quilts too and the bottom two were baby quilts made for 2 family members.

  1. Strippy Quilt of a different kind, 2. Scrappy Linus Quilt, 3. Oh Cherry Quilt, 4. Lone Star Look-a-like
Lastly there were the 2 quilts for my MIL's spare room and the most recent quilts for the classes I'm teaching in 2012.

  1. Pink and Blue Quilt, 2. Tumbler Quilt, 3. Easy Circle Quilt, 4. Crossed Canoe Quilt
With so many finishes I feel like I'm on top of my WIPs (Works in Progress) and hope to keep the momentum going into 2012.  As it stands I'm finishing two "quilt as you go" quilts over the holidays so that will give me a good start to 2012 ;o)

Well this is likely to be the last post of 2011.  It has been an amazing creative year and I want to thank you all for your continued support.

All the best for 2012!
Until next time....

18 comments:

Ariane said...

You made some amazing quilts this year! So many wonderful finishes. Wishing you all the best in the New Year!!!

susan said...

Jane, I am amazed by how much you have accomplished! Fabulous quilts and so many of them. 2011 was obviously a good quilting year!

Lynda said...

Oh jane, what an achievement for the year! (But there are three days left - can't you squeeze out another one?)

Deb Levy said...

Fabulous work Jane, and lots of it!

Wishing you a wonderful and creative 2012.

sewkalico said...

You have been fantastically productive! Well done Jane, I look forward to your continued creativity!

Janet said...

What a lot of gorgeous quilts you made this year! All the best for 2012!

Terry said...

You had a great year and made so many beautiful quilts! All the best to you in 2012! :0)

YankeeQuilter said...

What a great year...just reading about it made me tired. Had to go get a cup of tea...

Congrats and best of luck with all your new ventures in the new year!

Rachel said...

Wow! Nice work, Jane. I love your canoe quilt!

Jane in Wales said...

Wow, I am very impressed...!You can give yourself a pat on the back. I wonder what you will come up with next year..?
Jane

Sherri said...

Wonderful round up of quilts!

Quilter Kathy said...

All the best wishes to you for 2012! I look forward to seeing what you will create and photograph!

Katie said...

Wow. Great finishes. Happy New Year! :-)

carole brungar said...

Gorgeous quilts!!

Cathi said...

What a great achievement for 2011 -- beautiful quilts, every one.
Hope your 2012 is as wonderfully productive! :-)

Kitty said...

Wow - you have been so creatively productive this year! All thoroughly fabulous quilts Jane - well done.

I just wanted to drop by and say I hope you and your loved ones enjoy a great 2012. Happy New Year :) x

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Jane -- Congratulations on a big quilting year -- they're all beautiful! (I might be partial to that lone star quilt ;-) ) Happy, Happy New Year!

Tanya said...

You sure got a lot done! I can't decide which is my favorite! I love the colors in the star... And the circle quilt is gorgeous too!w