Saturday, December 17, 2011

Easy Circle Quilt

I bet you were wondering when you might see more of this quilt.  Not only am I revealing more, but the quilt is completed!  Now that's out of character for me, because normally I show you these things and then they disappear for months and months!



The difference with this quilt was that it HAD to get done as I will be teaching it as a class at my LQS (details below)



It is a mix of a few different techniques and it went together so well that I'm really excited to be able to teach it as a class.



There are those little mice again...that fabric is so sweet.  It's not often you find a good yellow, but this was a just right and played well with the blues and greens.  To quilt it, I did a meandering stitch everywhere but the curves and the results allowed the circles to pop.



Here are the details on the class for those of you that are local.

Easy Curve Piecing
Yes that’s right Easy! Who says curve piecing has to be hard or frustrating? In this class you will learn a fabulous method for piecing curves and getting them smooth and flat. After learning the technique you will realize the many, many other design possibilities it has to offer. Ideal class for the confident beginner to advanced.


January 28th, 2012 and April 14th, 2012
Please book a place with Anne at - Heart of the Shires - Crafts and Quilts

Until next time....

14 comments:

eva said...

I love that quilt! I wish I lived near to you, then I had signed up to participate in your course. I smiled when I saw the fabric with the mice because I have that and love it!
eva

susan said...

That quilt looks absolutely amazing, Jane. Love it! Have a great time teaching the technique.

Marit said...

Your quilt is beautiful and a bit intimidating too, with all the curves ; )

Would love to take your class. Have fun with it!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I live too far away to come to your class. :-( Maybe you could come to Canada to teach it sometime??? beautiful quilt!

Jackie said...

I wished you lived near me too! It's a beautiful quilt and curves intimidate the heck out of me. A class would take all the frustration (and fear) out of it!

Judith, Belfast said...

Oh it turned out fab! Love the subtlety of the circles. Hope you get lots of sign-ups to the class! Jxo

Rose Marie said...

Lovely quilt and fabrics ..... have fun, teacher!

Jane said...

LOVE this!! I'd love to take your class!

Timi said...

It's a FANTASTIC quilt!!!!

YankeeQuilter said...

Great quilt...hope you have a big turnout for your class!

Rosa said...

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful.

Have fun in your class!!

Terry said...

Your quilt is just beautiful! I love the colors! And congratulations on getting it done so quick! :0)

Thimbleanna said...

WooHoo! Congratulations on a great finish Jane! Looks like it will be a wonderufl class!

Jane in Wales said...

It is a lovely quilt. You will enjoy teaching those techniques, I'm sure.
Jane