Thursday, December 22, 2011

Crossed Canoes

I've been back at the sewing machine sewing up samples for another class I'll be teaching in the new year at my LQS.  It is that classic pattern of Crossed Canoes.  I chose very soft small prints as I have been wanting to use fabrics like this for awhile.



The piecing was quick and the whole lap quilt came together very quickly.



I had some wool wadding that was just the right size and as a result gave this quilt a lovely loft when it was quilted.



I'm thrilled with the results and reckon this will be just about the last finish for 2011.



By my count I've finished 14 quilts this year.  I'm really pleased with those statistics! :o)  Granted most of them were lap quilts...but a finish is a finish! :o)



Here are the details on the class for those of you that are local.

Crossed Canoes Quilt

As easy as 1-2-3...just 3 cuts and you’ll be on your way to creating this lovely two-toned quilt. Come along and learn about a unique cutting and piecing technique. I’ll show you some of the other blocks that you can sew in the same way and it is sure to leave you inspired. No templates and no foundation piecing. Ideal class for the confident beginner to advanced.

February 25, 2012
Please book a place with Anne at - Heart of the Shires - Crafts and Quilts

Until next time....

11 comments:

Jackie said...

I just love that block! The quilt came out fantastic. I would also say that you had pretty good quilting stats for the year!

YankeeQuilter said...

What a great little quilt! Congrats on such a productive year and best of luck with the new teaching venture!

Terry said...

That's beautiful Jane! Well done! :0)

susan said...

I hope all your classes are sold out. They deserve to be!

Judith, Belfast said...

Another beautiful quilt J! Reminds me of the kaliedoscope pattern! Hope you get lots of sign ups! Jxo

Katie said...

Sew pretty! :-) It doesn't look easy. It's a wonderful illusion.

Sue-Anne said...

BEautiful quilt! I'm sure your classes will be booked out in no time. Congratulations on all those finishes!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Janet said...

The quilt looks lovely and soft, very pretty in fact.
I think the number of finishes you had made up for the lack of mine. Well done!

Shirley said...

Too right Jane, a finish is a finish whatever the size.It is still 13 more than I managed this year. Next year I shall try harder. Love the quilt and the soft colours. Happy Christmas to you.

Quilter Kathy said...

I want to come to the class...waaaaa :(
I LOVED crossed canoe and yours is gorgeous!

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful Jane! I love the pretty soft colors -- sure to be a fun class!