Friday, November 04, 2011

Pretty Pictures from a Day Out...

A few weekends ago while I was visiting my in-laws we took a drive up to Leek and stopped at the Cheddleton Railway. The trains weren't running when we stopped by, but it still presented an opportunity to take a few pictures.





Just on the edge of Leek by the sports centre we found a park which didn't take long to walk around, but offered up some of the most beautiful autumnal colours.



We have really been spoiled this autumn with some very warm and sunny days...makes me wonder what kind of winter we are heading for!?



Until next time....

13 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful pictures!!! I love the colors of autumn. Let's hope winter is not too bad this year for you.

eva said...

This is beautiful pictures! I´m thinking the same thing: what kind of winter are we heading towards? Hopefully not to bad.

Karen said...

I just love the stack of suitcases!! Beautiful.

Liz said...

If today's weather is anything to go by then a wet winter is what we are heading for. A jolly good reason to stay indoors and quilt I'd say :-)

Susan said...

Great pictures from your day out. The suitcases are excellent.

Jane in Wales said...

Lovely pictures. I can see you enjoyed your day out!
Jane

Shirley said...

Hey Jane, that is my old stomping ground. I used to live in Cheddleton. My husband recalls going to Alton Towers on the train from there when all that existed at Alton Towers was a garden and a little fun fair. Happy days. Still get very homesick.

Rachel said...

Oh I love that picture of the suitcases all piled up. Wouldn't I love to have a couple of those! Lovely pictures!

susan said...

Love the suitcase photo. They are all good but it is my favourite!

Kathie said...

great pictures, must have been nice just walking around there, love the picture of the luggage
Kathie

Karen said...

Lovely pictures- autumn is my favourite season, the colours and crisp mornings are great. You had a lovely day out.

YankeeQuilter said...

One of my favorite memories from the UK is the Treddington railroad...loved going over to the old steam railroad festivals. And th sound of the trains bouncing off the hills...sigh....

Suzie said...

Beautiful pictures of your day out! I just love the photo of the suitcases! And the autumn colors, too, so nice. Thanks for your friendly comment on my blog.