Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Look-a-Like Star Quilt Completed!

As predicted I have finished 4 quilts in as many weeks and like buses they have all come in at once. Over the next week or so I'll post about each one.

This quilt, which you have seen in progress, was made for the newest member of  the family..a little boy! 



I gave the quilt to my sister-in-law last weekend and she loved it!  I used most of a jelly roll by Sandy Gervais called Lollipop. 



I'm thrilled with the results and the quilting and I hope it brings the little fellow a lot of warmth.



DD1, whom you might recall is the knitter in the family, made him some booties!  Aren't they adorable!  I think she did a fantastic job!


Until next time....

17 comments:

Needled Mom said...

The quilt is beautiful and those booties are precious.

Jane said...

I LOVE the quilt! Your daughter is an excellent knitter too!

Lina said...

Beautiful gifts Aunty Jane - you are both very talented. I am extra impressed that your daughter knits cables!!!!

Timi said...

This quilt is beautiful!!! What a great gift! And the booties! Your daughter did a fantastic job indeed!!! (Just like her mother...:o) )

Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful Jane! I've always loved the Lone Star and I think it's perfect for a baby quilt. Adorable little booties too!

Janet said...

Your star quilt looks marvelous! What a lovely gift. Those booties are just too cute. I'm so impressed at how well she can knit!

The Cozy Quilter said...

That is one lucky baby! beautiful gifts to be treasured forever!

Terry said...

Your quilt is just lovely Jane and those little booties are too cute! :0)

Rachel said...

The quilt is beautiful, Jane and those booties are AMAZING! Wow, your daughter did such a good job!

pinsandneedles said...

Love it! The booties your daughter made are perfect with those tiny cables.

sewkalico said...

Great quilt and such sweet booties!

Lynda said...

The quilt is perfect, and the bootees are beautifully done!

Karen said...

Beautiful quilt and LOVE the booties!

Mary said...

I love your quilt! What a lucky baby! I would like to try making one. What was the finished size?

Pip said...

Oh your star quilt is really lovely, I'm going to be putting that quilt on my "quilts I want to make" list.

Suzie said...

It turned out so beautiful! I love stars. And the bootie is so pretty, your daughter is very talented, too!

Alicia said...

Love the booties- and we have a new grand daughter. Do you think DD! would share the pattern with me?
Merry Christmas!
heirloomquilting.blogspot.com