Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Lone Star Look-a-Like Update....

I've been getting things completed and it feels so good...here is the Lone Star Look-a-Like at the machine ready for quilting.



I did stitch in the ditch around each layer of the star using some King-Tut variegated thread and in the large triangles I did further straight line quilting echoing the shape.



In the large corners I marked out a star and then did free-motion quilting to fill the area.  I really like the effect.  I just have to finishing the binding and then I can share the final result.


Until next time....

12 comments:

maria said...

I look forward to seeing the finished quilt, it looks greatso far.

Needled Mom said...

I love that corner star. Great job!

Michele Pacey said...

the free-motion quilting inside the star is beautiful! plus, I love the warm colours you've chosen.

Shirley said...

Well done Jane. Soon be finished.

Timi said...

I like all your quilts, but this one: WOW!!! Do you know how talented you are?!!!

Janet said...

It looks fabulous!! I can't wait to see it when you're done.

Vicki W said...

The stippled star was a great idea!

John'aLee said...

What a beauty this is going to be!

susan said...

LOVE the stippled stars! Fantastic idea!

Jane in Wales said...

It looks beautiful, colours, quilting, everything. Well done!
Can't wait to see your Lighthouse quilt...:o)
Jane

Lynda said...

The meander stars are a master stroke!

Tanya said...

Clever idea to quilt a star shape!