Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Updating the "Bus" schedule...

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm happy to report that there just might be a couple of finishes arriving shortly! :o)  As I mentioned in my previous post, my finishes tend to get completed in batches and currently I've got 4 quilts basted and ready to start the production line of getting them quilted.



Here is a sneaky peak of the Oh Cherry top that I was working on a couple of weeks ago.  I'm thrilled with the results and was even more pleased that Anne at my LQS at the Heart of the Shires had this perfect lime green and stripey fabric for the two borders.



I decided to quilt free motion cherries in the border which I think finishes it off nicely. (You can just see my pencil markings in the border)   This quilt is now getting it's binding sewn down...so stay tune for the final reveal :o)

In other news, the star is now a top and has been based.  And, I'm happy to say, that I'm afraid Madonna has lost out on this colourful bra as it is flat flat flat! Hooray!



Now, if you will excuse me, I'm off to pour a glass of wine, and get sewing that binding, while watching Downton Abbey.

Until next time....

16 comments:

Daisy236 said...

What lovely fabric, can't wait to see the quitting! I lose interest at this stage, I just love to patchwork!

Liz said...

Downton Abbey, I love it too! Thank goodness for i-player. I look forward to seeing the quilts completed especially the star.

Thimbleanna said...

OOOOH, they look gorgeous -- I can't WAIT to see!!!!

Janet said...

You are a tease - showing us just a peek at both of these wondeful projects! Quilted cherries - I can't wait!

Lesley said...

Your quilts are beautiful...a breath of fresh air...all the colors are so bright and cheery!

janae king said...

I must introduce you to spray adhesive basting...it's so much easier. Use 505 Spray and Fix, and you'll never thread baste again...and it won't gum your needle.

supermom said...

I can't wait to see the Oh Cherry quilt once it's finished. The colours are just so pretty.

And I'm a bit envious that you get to watch Downton Abbey. We borrowed the first season from the library a while ago and I was hooked. Now I have to wait for the second season to come out on video.

Kim said...

That crack about Madonna is pretty funny. Really like the fresh and oh so pretty fabric you used for these quilts. Happy quilting...enjoy that glass of wine! :-D

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Your Oh Cherry quilt is so cheery and fun. It brought a smile to my face :) Lovely!

Timi said...

Thank you for the sneaky peak ...:o)))!
This quilt will be beautiful!!!

susan said...

You are such a tease!

maria said...

Well done these are looking fab. I fancy a go at the lone star pattern but not sure I'm brave enough to attempt it.

Terry said...

I love your border fabrics for Oh Cherry! And congratulations on your star being flat! I can't wait to see it finished! :0)

randi said...

i am loving the look of the cherry quilt! can't wait to see it finished!

Amanda said...

Such pretty fabric, I look forward to seeing these once they're finished.

Shirley said...

You have superb piecing and pressing skills. Madonna didn't stand a chance. Can't wait for the big reveal. Wasn't Dame Maggie magnificent this week (as ever)?