Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Just a quick post to wish you all a safe Halloween!
We are all set here with the pumpkins carved and the sweets by the door.  It is set to be a mild evening so I'm expecting we could get quite a few trick or treaters.



DD2 being a fan of wolves came up with this design...which was easier to carve than I thought it would be.  I place a paper pattern of the wolf on the pumpkin then I used a push pin to mark the outline.  After I removed the paper, I went in with a sharp knife and carved around the markings.



DD1 went for the more classic look of a kitty! I love them both :o)

Until next time....

8 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Great job on both pumpkins! Have a wonderful Halloween...

LynCC said...

Wow 0 the Wolf is amazing :)

silverpebble said...

That wolf pumpkin is fabulous! My youngest loves the cat one.

susan said...

Ooo, fab pumpkins. Love both, but first time I have seen a wolf like that. Love it. Hope you have a great evening and lots of kiddies at your door. We are headed out in a half an hour.

Helen said...

Spooky . . . . . .Happy Halloween!!
Love Helen xx

John'aLee said...

Wow! Amazing pumpkin carving!

Tanya said...

That howling wolf is wonderful! But of course it is the kitty I love!

Kitty said...

Wow - those pumpkins are gorgeous!

Jane, you have won the fat quarters I was giving away last month. If you email me your address, I'll get them in the post to you later this week. Well done! :) x