Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blocks for a Fellow Quilter...

These 3 blocks should be just about arriving in the States to be added to the blocks that John'aLee is collecting to make quilts for a grieving family.  Earlier this autumn, her daughter's fiancĂ© was killed in Afghanistan and she is making quilts for her daughter and his family.  There is still time to help if you fancy joining in.  She is hoping to have all the blocks by the end of November.  You can read more HERE.



Until next time...

8 comments:

susan said...

Beautiful blocks for a good reason, but oh so sad too! Lovely thing for you to do Jane.

Jackie said...

These are fabulous blocks and a wonderful thing to do for someone in need. They will be gorgeous in a quilt.

LynCC said...

I hate this. :( Not that you're helping or that you're sharing (because I'm on board), but that this need is there. I've been an Air Force wife for 22 years. My heart is so weary of the losses families deal with. That's what I hate - the heartache that so many are going through. I'll certainly send her a block or two! Thanks for passing it along.

randi said...

this is the best reason to make a quilt--for comfort. my prayers are with the family today!

Thimbleanna said...

So very sad. Your blocks are gorgeous Jane -- they'll be perfect for the quilts.

Quilt Hollow said...

Your blocks are wonderful. I mailed mine out today.

YankeeQuilter said...

Beautiful blocks...they will be appreciated.

Lynda said...

Those blocks are lovely. Perfect colours for the occasion.