Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chapter House Quilt Show...

Last Friday, Liz and I went down to Weedon to the the quilt show at St. Peter & St. Paul Church hosted by the Chapter House Quilters.  Being a good blogger, I went prepared with my camera so I could share the experience with you.



The quilts were drapped over every surface and completely transformed the church into an exhibition hall.  Quite cleverly the ladies had draped the quilts over 2 pews putting a pillow at one end creating the look of a bed.



There were several beautiful examples of high quality work.  I loved this one with all the stitchery.



There was also a Jelly Roll 1600 quilt.



This was a quilt for Linus!  Aren't those cats cute!



I could only see a part of this pictorial type quilt, but what was visible was darling.



There was a pillow tombola raising funds and awareness for the Help for Heroes campaign.  As well as examples of some the quilts that will go to our wounded men and women.



Lastly dotted about the church were these darling cuddly toys!  Too cute!





Until next time...

11 comments:

Connie said...

Great photos of great quilts. I feel almost as if I got to be there too. :)

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- looks like a wonderful quilt show. And what a perfect setting -- somehow, I think the setting helps make quilts look even better (or worse, as the case may be LOL!)

Sharon said...

What a beautiful location for their show. I wish I could have seen it in person, but your pictures were the next best thing.

Katie said...

What an interesting location for a quilt show. :-)

Timi said...

So many beautiful quilts!!!
Those cats are really cute!
I am sure you had a great time there...:o)!

Thecraftytrundler said...

Beautiful pics & gorgeous quilts!!
I love the stitchery quilt most too, and I know the lady, Janie, who quilted it!! I had my two quilts done by her : )

Sharon xx

Rosa said...

Great quilts and wonderful location.

randi said...

i love that cat quilt. so cute!

Cathi said...

What a beautiful setting for the quilt show! Your photos are fabulous, as usual -- thank you for sharing!
The stitchery quilt really caught my eye.

Lynda said...

Thanks for sharing these photos. I had heard about this show, and was glad to have a peek!

Ullan tilkut said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! The quilts are LOVELY! Thank you so much for your lovely blog! It's so nice to find other quilters from other countries! :)