Saturday, August 27, 2011

Wolfy's Birthday

Summers are a great time to do all those extra-ordinary and lavish things with the kids.  When DD2 asked for a birthday party for her stuffed animal Wolfy and having just seen the yummy cupcake recipe on Thimbleanna's blog I wasn't going to say no.  :o)  Besides...I love an excuse to bake!



Here is DD2 hard at work in the kitchen.  The recipe made 16 large cupcakes and we halved the recipe for the frosting as we aren't huge fans of icing and the recipe is for 24 cupcakes.
It was a fantastic recipe and the cupcakes were light and fluffy.  I can honestly say it was one of the most successful recipes I've tried.



Wolfy was bought a year ago on our trip to Canada from the Eco-Museum and has been by DD2 side ever since!
Memories were made then...and I think we made a few more memories now.


Until next time...

11 comments:

Kim said...

This is the prettiest birthday party! What a nice way to spend a day with your daughter and her Wolfy, making a hungry little wolf beautiful birthday cakes. Such fun! :-D

Shirley said...

Happy birthday Wolfy.

Timi said...

Those cupcakes look so yummy!!!!
Wolfy is very lucky to have such a good friend, as your daughter :o)!
Thanks for the recipe!

*karendianne. said...

Isn't that so fun!! You're a super duper mom.

Liz said...

Is it as good as your birthday cake? That was good too.

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a great way to celebrate special memories!

Lina said...

Happy birthday Wolfy! We were at the eco museum yesterday - we may have seen your brother !!!

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Wolfy! Those cupcakes look delicious. Your a fantastic mom, I'm sure your DD2 will always remember Wolfy's party.

Leanne said...

I wish I could have come to wolf's party. I have just spent 1/2 an hour looking at cup cake recipes and I am now starving.

essay online said...

my congratulations! Wolfy! ))
lol

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Birthday Wolfy! Those are some gorgeous cupcakes Jane -- your pictures are all so beautiful!