Thursday, August 04, 2011

Photo Scavenger Hunt - July's Pictures

Here are my 12 pictures for the July Scavenger hunt. Most were taken while on holiday in Scotland. I will do a more in-depth post about that trip later on, but wanted to get these pictures posted.


Stripes
Matchy matchy tops :o)


a flag
Scottish flag taken in Inverness


sea shells
A perfect specimen. Taken on the coast of Scotland while searching for fossils.


ice cream
This is actually the cream on the ice cream. Taken at the Harvester in Aberdeen..a mess of honeycomb, ice cream, fresh cream and toffee!


fields
Beautiful Scottish fields....Taken in Blairgowrie


stars
Believe it or not the visitor centre at Loch Leven still had their Christmas tree up in July...happy days for me as it meant I got my star picture.


red white and blue
It seemed that everything red, white and blue was a flag and I was looking for something a little different...little did I realize it was right under my nose...my daughter's hat!


flip flops
Thank you to the DD1 for being my model!


a kite
I literally said..."where am I going to get a picture of a kite" when we turned the corner and this was in the sky!


strawberries
An odd entry for strawberries...but this was the teeny tiny baby strawberry at the bottom of the container. It was no more than a cm in size and I thought it was too cute not to include it.


Celebration
Cause for celebration when the hotel has proper glasses for one's wine. Up to this point we'd been using plastic kiddy glasses :o)


Something that makes you happy
Being at the right place at the right time!  Scottish Highlands with a piper on the hill!

Until next time...

13 comments:

Louise said...

Great photos! I love the tiny strawberry and the dessert looks so good!

Little Blue Mouse said...

What a fantastic set of photos!
They're all so good but I think my favourite is the fields ...or the ice cream ... or the kite ...or...

Rachel said...

Looks like a lovely trip - and a great way to get all your scavenger hunt photos!

susan said...

Looks like you had a great holiday. Happy times!

Timi said...

Beautiful photos!!!
I am so glad you had a wonderful holiday :o)!My favorite is the first photo...but the ice cream looks soooo yummy!!! Scotland must be a beautiful place...:o)

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, you lucky, lucky girl!!! I LOVE Scotland and it's time to go back. Gorgeous pictures, as always Dear Jane!

Kathy said...

Oh I haven't been to Scotland for ages .... your photos remind me of what I've been missing! Didn't you do well getting them all on one trip!!! Thanks for joining in!
xxx

Sandra said...

Lovely photos, especially like the one of the shell. Looks like a great trip :-)

mad about bags said...

super photos, the views of the fields is breathtaking, and the one of the scottish piper is fab too!

Leanne said...

Great photos as usual. Like the piper not something you see every day. Especially here in Oz.

Quilter Kathy said...

I know I say this every month, but your photos are so spectacular! I just love this monthly post!

Ellen said...

Just popped over here from i have to say...oh what wonderful fields! Breathtaking. I don't think that I would want to move from that spot.

Karen said...

Nice set. I like "being at the right place at the right time." That definitely can make one's day!