Monday, August 29, 2011

Glamping

Glamping: Glamous Camping
The UK has had a bumper summer and when we were presented with yet another dry and warm night the kids decided to go camping in the backyard.



They started with a tea party at DD2 little house, with real tea, real cookies and real dishes.



That was followed by filling the little tent with all the comforts of home...plenty of pillows, quilts and stuffed friends...



We even sat around a camp fire (bucket BBQ) and sang songs while roasting marshmallows...



Dh and I retired to the house expecting that half way through the night the girls would return...but they didn't!  They managed to camp the whole night only returning inside at 6:30am.
When asked if they would like to do a second night the answer was a definite NO :o)  Guess it wasn't that glamorous!

Until next time...

6 comments:

susan said...

Love that it was the tea, BBQ, singalong and the sleeping. If you are going to do something then do it right! You are such a great mum.

Mad about Craft said...

Lucky kids!

Here in Cheshire they would have been lucky to get a dry night, it has rained every night for days!!

Rachel said...

I could handle that kind of camping - a few steps from my own clean bathroom and the refrigerator. haha. What a fun way to spend the night!

sewkalico said...

What fun! Much more luxurious than a standard campsite!

Shirley said...

I see Wolfy was enjoying the fun too.

Thimbleanna said...

I'm glad to see that Wolfy was able to enjoy the great outdoors -- I hope he didn't scare the local wildlife.

I LOVED camping in the backyard when I was a girl. We were just laughing about that the other night -- one time my sister, her friend and I were camping and a HUGE thunderstorm came through at 4 in the morning. Everytime there was a bolt of lightning we would scream at the top of our lungs to try to drown out the deafening thunder. My dad thought we were terrified, so he came running out in the pouring down rain to rescue us. We weren't really scared -- we were just screaming 'cause the thunder was so loud! ;-)