Saturday, August 13, 2011

Edinburgh...

Wow what a city!  If you ever get the chance to visit this amazing city situated on a massive rock plan for a several day visit.  I underestimated our time here and we only had one day in which to sightsee.  We just didn't have time to see all that we wanted and I think we will be back sooner rather than later.



Of course keeping one's priorities in order, DD1 and I found the local yarn shop called K1Yarns Knitting Boutique.  Now I have a theory, I reckon I'm never too far from a quilter or a Canadian at any given time.  This theory has been proven a few times and yet again it was proven when we enter the shop as the owner was a fellow Canadian from Toronto :o)  Not only was there yarn, but there was also fabric (as seen in the window) and I bought some!



We were also in Edinburgh for the "other" royal wedding...


...but were a day late. :o) 



The flowers were still in place and we able to have a good look around the site..even the tape markings were still on the road for the press from the day before. :o)


Until next time...

16 comments:

Jackie said...

Your pictures are always so beautiful! Even though you were a day late, I'm sure it was neat to see what decorations you could!

Mad about Craft said...

You can see why I keep popping up to fetch or take SofM to/from Uni.
I don't go to see him!-lol I go because of Edinburgh. I was so glad when he chose Edinburgh for Uni.

Timi said...

Edinburgh must be a beautiful place!
Thank you for this photos!!!

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Edinburgh, you can 'feel' the history there. I live about half an hour away in Fife.
If you were planning a return visit - the Edinburgh Quilt Show is 23rd - 25th September at the Mc Robert Pavillion, Ingliston.

anne bebbington said...

We had a few days up there at Easter when we took my parents up there for my 81yo dad to visit his half sister for the very first time - we really loved Edinburgh it is a fabulous city

Shirley said...

We have had some lovely trips up to Edinburgh. Love wandering down the Royal Mile and that fabulous department store - Jenners I think it is called.

Amanda said...

We're off to Edinburgh on Saturday for a week of non-stop shows at the Festival. We went last year and saw 27 shows in the six days; I wonder if we'll manage that this year!

Ali Honey said...

I too have recently visited Edinburgh and stayed on the 3rd story above 3 red phone boxes on the Royal Mile. Out the window I could see street performers right below. All the steps got to me a bit ( with suitcase! )

susan said...

We Canadians are everywhere! Looks like a lovely shop. I haven't been to Edinburgh for quite a while but have always loved it.

Thimbleanna said...

Ahhh Edinburgh! I love it there -- if only I could get back. Love your pictures!

Karen said...

I never caught that you were from Canada until now. Interesting! Looks like a great place to visit, I will put it on my list for Someday :)

Sandra said...

Edinburgh is such a lovely city. Those are beautiful flowers x

Contented Caroline said...

I loved Edinburgh too when I visited a few years ago - like you I wished I had more time and would like to see more of scotland full stop. love the photo's Jane - glad you had a great time.

Leanne said...

How amazing is that church and the wonderful flowers. Great snaps as always.

Needled Mom said...

It is one of our favorite cities too. I have been in that lovely yarn and fabric shop before. You definitely need more time to visit the wonderful sights there.

Lynda said...

What a great shot of the Royal Mile, with the sea in the background! I love Edinburgjh too, and I'm making you jealous now by bragging that we'll be there for a week soon!