Monday, July 18, 2011

Rocheberie Meeting...

On Saturday Rocheberie Schoolhouse Quilters had their July meeting. Despite the rain we had a great turn out and good time was enjoyed by all.  This time our speaker was Pat Deacon who shared her collection of quilts. Pat is a big fan of circles and curves and her use of colour made these simple shapes spectacular.  To see all the pictures from the day please click over HERE to see them.  Pat also ran a workshop the following day and I'm sorry I missed it as I would love to know in detail how she creates such beautiful quilts.



Our trader for the day was Caroline from Serenity Quilts.  Some of you might know her from her blog The Contented Quilter.  She had a fabulous range of fabrics which I just couldn't resist.  Luckily I sold some quilting books on the sales table and that allowed me a bit of spending money :o)  Easy come easy go!



Until next time...

5 comments:

susan said...

That quilt is amazing. Way beyond my skills but I am capable of admiring!

Sarah Jayne said...

Pat's a great teacher - a great technique to master.

YankeeQuilter said...

Her quilt is beautiful...sounds like a great day!

Madame Samm said...

that is a quilt Jane? never seen anything like it...very bright...would this be paper piecing grown up lol

Lynda said...

I was also sorry to have missed the workshop - I've done her 'Curved Flying Geese' workshop which was fabulous!