Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quilts to a Good Cause...

A long long time ago back in 2007 I made a series of quilt tops.  Some of you may even remember me posting about this one! 



Or even about these Fraternal Twins...




But since then they have sat in a box waiting to be finished...they have been in and out of the box a few times, but I always had something else I wanted to do more.  Well, I'm really pleased to tell you they are done! And will be soon shipping their way to Japan towards the relief.  Between my friend Liz (from Quilting in Chaos) and Muriel (no blog) we have pooled our resources to get these quilts finished.  Liz was kind enough to quilt them and she has posted them on her blog.  Please pop by and have a look...I'm so impressed with Liz's creativity..she's out done anything I could have done!  She even managed to fit this enormous set of words into the back...


Until next time...

12 comments:

Jackie said...

Beautiful quilts and a wonderful cause!

Amanda said...

You must be so pleased to get them finished, though I bet it was a little bit of a wrench to see them go. But what a great cause though. And I love those words on the back - are they pieced or applied?

Lina said...

Congratulations on finishing such superb projects!

YankeeQuilter said...

How great to pool your talents for such a great cause! Beautiful quilts...as always!

sewkalico said...

Wow! They're great and even better now that they are finished :-)

LynCC said...

How cool! I did a UFO go-to to finish some quilts for the Bama Bound tornado relief cause. It feels good knowing that our work is out of the box and going to someone who really could use the comfort, doesn't it?

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful work and it is great to know they are going for such a great cause.

jovaliquilts said...

Such nice quilts, and I find the first one especially charming. Wonderful to work together with friends like that, and I love the way Liz finished the back.

Katherine said...

I clicked through to see the finished quilts... Wow! They look great, you make a great quilting team. ;o)

I know your gorgeous quilts will be very appreciated, Jane.

black bear cabin said...

what a wonderful cause...and all of them are lovely! and on top of all that...you finished 3 ufo's! well done!

Shirley said...

Morning Jane, I popped over to see Liz'z work and enjoyed seeing all the quilting. I am off to Malvern on Sunday so hope you saved me a few things. Please note that I only need pins!!!!
Love Shirley.x

Ady said...

Gorgeous quilts! And going towards such a wonderful cause too. Thanks for sharing.