Saturday, May 21, 2011

Quilting Update..

It's been a while since I've updated you on my progress on the Lynne Edwards Sampler Quilt.  These are the blocks from last time.  The blocks construction was much like a Drunkards path, but the curve ends at the seam creating extra bulk.  It was a challenging block, but I'm really pleased with the results. 



This is the same technique just a slightly different layout.  Working with these homespuns was a challenge...thank goodness for starch!



This is the Celtic work from February...the other Celtic work done in plaids can be seen on this post... 



And I've also been quite productive for the first part of the month getting my Sew Happy Blocks completed for May.





And lastly, but not least.  I really wanted to share this drawing my DD2 did.  She's 8 years old and she loves to draw.
I've asked her to design an appliqué quilt for me...I think that would be a fun challenge!..but at the moment she doesn't seem too keen on the idea LOL



Until next time...

11 comments:

Amanda said...

I've got the Lynne Edwards book, but haven't started yet, though my first quilt was made using her previous sampler book. Your blocks look lovely, I especially like the homespuns. And your daughter has clearly inherited her creative genes, wouldn't it be great if you could persuade her to start designing for you!

LynCC said...

An *EIGHT* year old did that? Wow! :D

Di said...

Wow, you and your daughter are quite a creative pair. I love your sample blocks, and her tiger is wonderful.

Quilter Kathy said...

Very cool blocks...the plaid curves is my favorite!

sewkalico said...

Great blocks. And wow! what a fantastic drawing!!

Leanne said...

You have been busy Jane and I am impressed with that drawing I struggle with stick figures.

Tanya said...

What an artist! I'll be looking forward to hearing what she's doing in about 10 years. An art major perhaps?

webmistress said...

Love your red and white blocks, and can't wait to see them put together! (Good luck with appliqueing the tiger!)

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Love your blocks Jane.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Jane, you've been busy while I've been gone. I love your Sew Happy blocks -- very pretty. And your daughter is an artist!!!

SewHappy.Me said...

You have been a busy girl Jane. I love that spot of blue flowers in one of your shoo fly blocks.