Thursday, May 12, 2011

A day out at Rocheberie...

This past Saturday I went to Rochebeire Schoolhouse Quilters and what a fun meeting we had.  As the quilty content of this blog has been a bit skinny as of late I thought I'd share a little of the Show and Tell from the meeting.  Our speaker was Claire Tinsley from Hannah's Room.  She brought many of her award winning quilts and told us about her journey into the quilting world, both as a quilter and a shop owner.  There are more picture from our meeting HERE...have a look as some of the work on display was amazing.



This quilt was made by a lady from our group.  I just love the colour combination ...navy and pink...you just can't go wrong.



This must have been one of my favourites quilts of the day...mainly because it was the quilt I designed a few years ago for our group Mystery Quilt Day.  You can see some more examples here.  I get a kick at seeing the different variations people make from the same pattern.



As Union Jacks are so popular at the moment...I just had to share this lovely pillow one of the ladies made.



Just loved this quilt top!  Pretty!!!

And here is Liz with her signature block quilt that Connie coordinated back in 2009.  Hey Thimbleanna...can you spy your block?



Until next time...

7 comments:

Timi said...

Great quilts!!! But the first one: amazing!!!

Katherine said...

Thanks for the show and tell, Jane. Gorgeous work, all round!

Sandra said...

Beautiful quilts! Especially love the first one, such gorgeous combination of colours!

LynCC said...

I love that mystery quilt!

Liz said...

Some parts of the border look like hour glass blocks, I just did not see that in the flesh at all. Amazing the diufference the camera view can make to a quilt.X

Kathie said...

oh those quilts are beautiful!
love that pillow I am going to try and make one of those for myself!
Kathie

Thimbleanna said...

Haha -- I DO see my block! I'm so impressed that she's finished her quilt top and I love her design. I really need to do something with my quilt blocks too.