Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wonderwool 2011

Last weekend, on probably the nicest day we've had this year so far, we took to the road and headed west to Wales for...



Wonderwool Wales
My eldest, who is the knitter in the family, asked (begged) to have a trip to Wonderwool as her birthday present.  As it was a very reasonable request and a most unique request for a 17 year old, we couldn't really say no. 



To say she was delighted would be an understatement.  There must have been over 100 exhibitors and had everything from wool, to needles, roving to spin with and accessories to finish any project.  Some of the stalls even bought the sheep that their wool was spun from.



There were people of all ages and plenty of shopping being done by all.



I just loved this creative banner of sheep!  (The stall was selling dyeing equipment...so it was very appropriate!)



While DD1 and I made our way around the Royal Welsh Showground, the DH and DD2 went walking in near by Builth Wells. 
Just look at this scenery...isn't it just the view to sooth the soul!
(BTW, the white dots in the picture below are sheep!)



On the way home we stopped off at what is bound to become a favourite mid-trip stop off point...DiMarco's Fish Restaurant in Leominster (HR6 8EX).  Twice now we have eaten here and twice we've eaten well.  If you do visit...go with a good appetite as the servings are generous!  Everything is served with a smile and I look forward to our next trip west, just so we can visit DiMarco's again!


Until next time...

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow Jane, Looks like a fun trip. I am glad you had such a nice time. Have a good Sunday. Lisa

Lina said...

What a perfect birthday gift! Love those rolling hills.

The Cozy Quilter said...

It looks like all of you had a glorious day! Happy Birthday DD1. The scenery is gorgeous.

Laura said...

What a great birthday activity! Sounds like a great show - was your DD able to find some good buys?

LynCC said...

Oh, I *love* Wales!~ Good choice, she made. :) Those sheepl looked adorable in their bright saturations. I'd certainly be tempted to purchase from them. I think my knitter friend would have been in heaven.

YankeeQuilter said...

What a great trip! I loved visiting Wales...the sheep (both the bright ones on the ceiling and the white ones on the hills) look wonderful!

black bear cabin said...

looks like there was something fun for everyone! And did DD1 come home with a bag of birthday loot...or did you both score goodies? :)

Taryn said...

Your photos are beautiful, as always. What a wonderful birthday trip for the whole family!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- how lucky you are to have a daughter interested in knitting! AND, you live in such a wonderful place. Looks like you had a great time!

Lizzie said...

What a great birthday treat, I must say all that wool would tempt me to start knitting...again...and I wouldn't finish it ....again. I think I'd go just for the fish though...
Lizzie
xxx