Monday, April 11, 2011

A new member of the "family"

I just had to share with you the newest member of my iron family.
Some people collect thimbles, some people collect sewing machines...and it would seem I'm collecting irons! :o)
Isn't she cute!?



To see what I mean you need to see her next to my travel iron and my normal iron...which in this picture looks monstrous! LOL



I bought her from the Stitch Witch and she's really low wattage..so there is very little guilt about leaving her on stand-by between piecing.  She doesn't get as hot as the travel iron, but her heat setting is perfect for fusible web, bias tape making, foundation paper piecing and for pressing the seams to one side.  She's not quite warm enough for starch appliqué (the travel iron is good for that) or for pressing yardage..like the big mama of the group.  My dad always said one should have the right tools for the job and I think now I must have the perfect iron for any pressing task! :o)

Until next time...

19 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your new little iron is adorable! And functional too! My big iron died recently so I am using an old one that still works. Happy sewing a pressing to you!

Timi said...

I like your irons :o)! But this new one: lovely :o)))! Your dad was right: you always have to use the right tools for the job!
I am sure she will be helpfull...:o)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Sorry--I meant Happy Sewing and Pressing to you! Gail

Terry said...

What a great idea! I never thought about a little one using less electricity! I might just have to look for one of those myself! :0)

Quiet Quilter said...

She fits right in...The family is complete.

YankeeQuilter said...

And it would fit so well on a little side table next to the sewing machine...if it just had a hiding spot for chocolate it would be perfect!

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, she's so cute! I love that you're collecting irons LOL. Think of the possibilities -- you need some of those old-timey irons that used to heat on the stove. And one of those wand kinda irons that have just one little point!

jovaliquilts said...

Heat matters! I may have to get a travel iron if they get hotter because sometimes that's what you need. Looks like you're set for all contingencies. :)

Needled Mom said...

It looks so cute too!!!!

Me and Tilly Too said...

I saw this little iron at the Stitch and Craft Show at Shepton Mallet over the weekend. It really is the cutest of them all and low wattage too. Fabulous!

Chase said...

The mini iron is fun! I think it would be great for using in the smaller projects. I would love to find one here.

Quilter Kathy said...

Cute little baby iron!

Cathi said...

What an adorable little iron! Less stress on the hands and wrist using a smaller iron for some things, I imagine.

Amanda said...

What a dinky little iron. I sometimes use my travel iron in the sewing room, but recently needed a new iron so splashed out on one that switches itself off if it's left unattended for about eight minutes, which is great as I so often forget to switch it off.

Lizzie said...

I'm was planning on buying a tiny iron on Friday at the AQC (Australasia Quilt Convention). I leave my iron on all the time while I sew too, thought one of these might be a little more economical..? Glad to see that you like yours..
Lizzie
xxx

Carrie P. said...

Having the right tools does make a difference.

Gina said...

she is cute.

Kim said...

I just realized that I've done this very thing with my iron collection. I like it!

Tanya said...

Love your baby iron!