Monday, March 07, 2011

A budding quilter...or how my stash was raided...

Y es you heard right...my stash was raided...by a lovely 8 year old!  Over half-term my youngest completed the stitchery she was working on of a paw print.  I thought she might want to stitch more than one, but alas that wasn't the case.



Before I could stop her she was digging around in the cupboard pulling out fabric and drawing up plans!



Out onto the living room floor went a selection of cat fabrics and leopard print black!  If I was to wager any bets, I'd say there was some cutting and sewing in my future! :o)



Until next time...

16 comments:

Shirley said...

That is the way to entice them in Jane. Let her play and be creative and who knows, she may want to do more.Good luck with the cutting.
Shirley.x

Needled Mom said...

I see a budding quilter!!!!

Aimee said...

Yay for the next generation of quilters :)

sewkalico said...

Very cute!!

Anne Heidi said...

Oh how cute- She's a future quilter for sure!

Thimbleanna said...

Ha! That's fantastic Jane! I LOVE her adorable little drawing. Brace yourself for more stash raiding!!!

Quiet Quilter said...

Her design looks like a winner... it's clear and precise and love the descriptions of the fabric!

Have fun cutting!

Sarah Jayne said...

That's funny!

Liz said...

Jane, what did you expect really!

black bear cabin said...

cant wait to see what she comes up with...and i love her page of ideas shes working on! keep us posted! :)

YankeeQuilter said...

I think it is great how she worked out the plan on paper first! Can't wait to see what she creates!

Timi said...

It's such a lovely paw! I am sure it will be a very nice quilt!

Lynda said...

How lovely - and what a great plan she's made!

randi said...

too cute!

Sedjo said...

How precious! Look at what you're instilling in her and encouraging her to be creative. Thank you again for the email info about London! I will let you know when we return.

Karen said...

How fun! You're setting a good example :)