Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another quilt for Project Linus

Last one for now.  I have only one other after this one to complete (just the binding) and then I'll take a little break from making quilts for Project Linus.  This one was thought up back in October and is a design I would like to revisit.  It was so easy to sew together and would be a perfect way to marry up a jelly roll and some plain fabric.



The backing for these quilts are usually a variety of fabrics...in this case I used some florals and a orphan block donated to Project Linus. 



If you look closely you can just see the butterflies that featured in this post...



I'm thrilled with the results.

Until next time...

19 comments:

Evelyn said...

That is a perfect Project Linus quilt! So beautiful. It's going to be well-loved, I'm sure.

randi said...

very pretty! someone will treasure this!

Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful Jane. What a lucky little girl to be receiving such a gift!

Julie in the Barn said...

Very cute. I really like the butterfies! Perfect for a little girl.

jovaliquilts said...

I love stripes and dots and flowers together -- this looks great! What a perfect block for the back.

YankeeQuilter said...

Sew pretty...I like the uneven widths of the strips. You wouldn't get that with the jelly rolls...

Needled Mom said...

It looks fabulous. The colors are so pretty.

Timi said...

What beautiful colours!!! I like pink! And flowers! No wonder you are thrilled with the results...:o))!

Queen Wifey said...

Just Lovely! what a great gift for someone who will just love it! great job.

ga447 said...

The quilt is beautiful, I have a pending quilt it includes cross stitching. Thank you for doing the quilts, they family really appreciates it

Quiet Quilter said...

Such a girlie girl quilt! lovely and soft looking!

Janet said...

You should be thrilled - its gorgeous! It's so fresh and pretty - what a wonderful gift.

Stina said...

Love it... someone is going to be sooo happy...O))

Catherine said...

What a very special present. I love that quilt design

Jackie said...

It's a gorgeous quilt and is going to make someone very happy!

Aimee said...

Lovely. It's bound to make some little girl very happy.

Terry said...

It's beautiful!! :0)

Karen said...

I would be thrilled,too; that is so cute!

sewkalico said...

Looks brilliant!