Friday, February 04, 2011

I just didn't say which Monday! :o)

Hello? Anyone there?
What does one say after taking an unannounced 2 week break from her blog?  I'm not really sure...     "oops" comes to mind, but then that doesn't really explain my absence!  First let me say, I'm fine and I suspect my absence has just been one of those January things...Like so many, I've been a little out of sorts and craving for warmer weather and I haven't felt inspired to take pictures or write..both skills needed for maintaining a blog!  Luckily, a ray of sunshine appeared this week and I dusted the camera off and got taking pictures again. 


(Image taken straight out of the camera...no photoshop or special effects!  Just managed to catch the light right!)

Another reason I've been off-line is that I got a new phone in January and I have been introduced to the world of Apps!  One such app is Angry Birds and I've been completely consumed.  Thankfully I'm nearing the end of the game and hopefully once I've cracked it (pardon the pun) normal service will resume around here!  (I feel like a rather silly woman for getting this absorbed!)



As for quilts and quilting go, I'm really pleased to say that I've managed to hand over two quilts to Lynda and have another 3 quilted and 3 basted.  On my last post I promised pictures of quilts on Monday...I just didn't say which Monday!  Stay tune next week for the big reveal!

Until next time...

20 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Everyone needs an unexplained little break every once in a while. Hope you feel refreshed and ready to share a lot of new ideas.
Here in North Texas we received about 6 inches of snow overnight on top of two inches of ice. Not a very nice "Texas Howdy" to our Super Bowl visitors.

*karendianne. said...

A little unexpected absense keeps things fresh and keeps US readers on our toes! :)

PS: crack me up with the Angry Birds. hee!

~Laurie~ said...

THANK YOU so much for mentioning your current time taker upper with Angry Birds! My husband just got that app on his phone and I can't stop myself! What is about that game that makes it sooooo alluring??? Anyway, thanks for mentioning it - I'm glad I'm not alone! LOL!

Janet said...

What a lovely picture! I love pansies. If it makes you feel any better - we're months away from having flowers here.

Vicki W said...

December was my Angry Birds month. I could not put it down!

YankeeQuilter said...

January has been such a gloomy month it has slipped away from many of us. Maybe that is why the birds are angry?!

Andrea said...

Not all that keen on Angry Birds but absolutely love Fruit Ninja . Cannot count the hours wasted on that - lol ! Looking forward to the big reveal xxx

sewkalico said...

I understand the lack of inspiration at this time of year, but I don't get the computer game thing :-) I think it's because when I was a kid we only had pac-man and somehow I never got interested, but I'm sure it must be like a good book - can't stop til it's done LOL

Amanda said...

This winter just seems to have been very long and, lately at least, very dull and dreary, as well as cold. At least we're into February now, so spring can't be that far away. My sons keep telling me to get Angry Birds for my iPod, so perhaps I should.

Timi said...

Everybody needs a break sometimes :o)! But it's good to read your post again :o))) and enjoy your photo!!

Katherine said...

Glad to see you back, Jane! Yes, I think it is a time of year thing - especially after the holidays. Looks like your great photography skills didn't suffer any from your break. ;o)

Such a inspiring image - I will be thinking "Spring" for the rest of my day!

Trudi said...

LOL good for you taking an unexplained break, I'm sure we don't mind in the slightest as long as you and yours are all ok!

Mad about Craft said...

I only worry about bloggers when they go 'off radar' for more than a month. You could have been on a Carribean cruise - we wish! sigh!

John'aLee said...

Hey ... we all need a break from time to time! It's needed to appreciate the little things and to give us the 'umpf' we need to keep on keepin' on!

Kim said...

I'm tuned and ready when you are, lol. Such pretty flowers - I have those every summer and love them. :-D Now I am so wishing it was summertime again...even if there might be angry birds involved, lol.

Thimbleanna said...

Those unexplained breaks are good for the soul! You're cracking me up with those angry birds!

Shirley said...

After the hectic time of December you need to recharge the batteries in January. Great photo and a welcome bit of colour to a dreary January. My daughter introduced me to Angry Birds on her phone and it is addictive and good fun. Thank goodness it is her phone though and not mine or nothing would ever get done.
Love Shirley.x

Madame Samm said...

Yes Madame Samm over here, over the ocean, land and see me here..on the peninsula...lol now you have been busy...sew even though you were away..we missed you...I am sew ready for color, any color..

Lynda said...

I know you,ve been sewing - it's fine to take a break from blogging!

Sherry said...

No worries, I'm coming back to my reading finally. After inching back into writing posts.
I managed to avoid Angry Birds--oh vey, could not have more of my time sucked elsewhere. happy to be back reading you Jane!