Sunday, November 14, 2010

Delayed Bonfire night pictures and a bit of quilting...

Things have been quite busy around here lately and what free time I've had, I've been using to sew. 
Last weekend was bonfire night and like every year we had sparklers and fireworks.



These aren't the best pictures...but they give you a small taste.

I quite like this one and the funky lens flare...I couldn't get that if I tried!



This week I sewed up the strips from Lynda for Project Linus and made up the blocks for this quilt.  I've opted for setting B, with the only difference that it will be a setting of 5 blocks by 5 blocks.  It's all in gentle pinks so it will be perfect for a girl.  It is so easy to make girl quilts, so my plan after this latest lot of quilts for Lynda is to work on some designs for boys.  I'll let you know how I get on.


Until next time...

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Gorgeous fabric for your Project Linus piece.

I like the looks of the fireworks too.

Loralynn said...

Nice pictures! I love the fabric you have chosen for your linus piece, they are so pretty.

orchidlover said...

Love the firework photos.

I know what you mean about girl quilts being easier. Mind you there seems to be alot more feminine prints around to use

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, I love that first picture where you caught the "babies" coming off of the mama sparkler!

sewkalico said...

And yet for me, boys quilts are easier :-)