Thursday, October 21, 2010

Zig-zag fun...

I've been getting a few quilts finished around here...ok truth is, I've also started a few too! so the list isn't getting any shorter! :o)
This week I managed to finally finish the quilting on this zig zag quilt for Project Linus.  I used this tutorial from Crazy Mom Quilts.  It was so much fun to put together and made a really cheery quilt.



I machine quilted it in bright green thread echoing the zigs and zags by a 1/4" on each side of the seams.



I couldn't stop at one...so I made another using vintage sheets.  This is the same technique, but slightly different dimensions.  You might recall me hand quilting this back here.  This one is for DD1 and I barely got it washed when it was pressed into service.  Like so many, DD1 came down with a cold this week and had the best cure in the form of a new quilt to curl under with a good book and some tissues!



Until next time...

19 comments:

orchidlover said...

Great quilts. I hope your daughter feels better soon

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Marit said...

Lovely zig zag quilts! I have a particular soft spot for those vintage linens - love to see what you are making with them!

Timi said...

Lovely quilt, indeed! I am sure your daughter will feel better with this quilt :o)!

Jackie said...

Just wonderful! I especially like how you set the second one on the vertical! Well done!

Jackie said...

They're both gorgeous! They looks so different too.

autumnesf said...

I'm going to have to do one of these - I really like it. And I love the simple quilting of just echoing the lines.

Thimbleanna said...

Love them both Jane! It's really fun to see the same pattern in different fabrics!

Doodlebug Gail said...

Nice quilt - I have that pattern bookmarked, it's a lot easier than fussing with triangles. Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Janet said...

What wonderful quilts! I like the vintage sheet one best. The borders down the sides are just right.

Nifty Quilts said...

Love your zigzag quilts! I will try this technique sometime. Looks like fun.

Anina said...

I love zig-zag quilts. Love them!

Contented Caroline said...

Wow, you have been busy. Lovely quilts and I especially love those those vintage fabrics. Good work Jane.

Katherine said...

Zig zag heaven! Both are so lovely, Jane. Hope your daughter is feeling better. I'm sure she loves her new quilt.

randi---i have to say said...

oh, these are both so pretty! both different, but both so nice to look at!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Amazing isn't it...the different effects from the exact ame pattern! Never ceases to amaze me.
Loving every post here, the spider is amazing , the little quilt blocks gorgeous and the ladybird are fabulous!! Good work jane!

Quiltbenaco said...

Grazie per il link al tutorial, me lo salvo di sicuro...
Bello poter vedere l'aspetto dei quilt realizzati con stoffe diverse!
Ciao
Domenica

PCook said...

I love your quilts, and I love your photographs. Each one tells a story. I hope your daughter is feeling well soon.

Lynda said...

Can't believe those quilts look so different - but both gorgeous!

Barb said...

wow....kinda addictive? I will have to go and check out the tutorial! Just wonderful!