Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Some pictures for Almost Wordless Wednesday...

This past weekend, the DH and I.... ok mostly the DH... trimmed the hedges in the garden.  We had beautiful weather and it was the perfect opportunity to give the garden a final once over before the weather takes a turn.  One thing we weren't expecting to see was the massive amounts of ladybirds on the branches.  Now anyone that has a 7 year old will know that these little creatures are to be saved and managed at all costs....so with that in mind my DD2 "rescued" over 100 ladybirds from the branches set for the tip and moved them one by one to the sunflower.  I, of course, saw this as a photo opportunity!


The DD2 was quite happy to have several ladybirds crawling around her arms...that was until one flipped over and she let out a blood-curdling scream.  Seems she can handle it fine when they are "cute", but as soon as she saw the legs and the black underbelly they suddenly reverted back to being BUGS! LOL



Lastly I wanted to share a pic I grabbed during the week..It is of a spider and her web..just so you are warned, but I love the way the sun made the web twinkle after a rain shower.  I must be mad as I was going about my business when my brain put 2 and 2 together and realized that the rain plus the sun would make for pretty pictures.  I dropped everything and ran for the garden.  I'm glad I did as I love this picture...spider and all!



Until next time...

13 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Absorbing. Absolutely pulled me in and captivated me. :)

Thimbleanna said...

Gorgeous Jane! Loved the story about your daughter and the ladybugs too -- if they didn't have such a pretty back, I'm sure we'd all say "Ewwwwwww!"!!!

The Cozy Quilter said...

My daughter would have saved the ladybugs too.

YankeeQuilter said...

Great photos...I have some ladybug fabric around here somewhere...

Jen said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos! You have a real talent there!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness...such clarity and beauty!

Timi said...

My daughter likes ladybugs, too...:o)
So we enjoyed reading your post about them (I read it for her actually, because she can't speak/ read English...Yet...:o) )
I like your spider photo!

Shirley said...

Great Photo's Jane.
Shirley.

orchidlover said...

Gorgeous pictures

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Annette Smith said...

Beautiful pictures and I love the spider and web great capture.

Corrie said...

Your photos are beautiful!

Karen said...

Good for DD2. Great shots!

Leanne said...

Great snaps Jane, my roses and I love ladybugs.