Tuesday, October 26, 2010

One of those days...

Yesterday was one of those days..you know the kind...the kind where by 9 p.m. you've had enough and it is simpler to go to bed and try again in 10 hours.  It all started when I noticed a little drip drip coming from the bottom of my car...an oily drip drip to be precise.  The DH being knowledgeable about such things suggested that it might be worth taking it to the garage just to see if it could be fixed.  By late afternoon the garage had called, we could pick up my car, it was a simple repair..happy days!  Now I have a bit of an unspoken agreement with my DH...when my car gets fixed, he drives it home, while I drive his home and then when we arrive he gives me the all clear..the "yes dear, the car is fine, drives lovely...you'll be safe" kind of conversation.  My husband left the garage first and after I got myself turned around I was heading home too.  Imagine my surprise when I came upon my DH shivering on the side of the road with my car broken down....obviously something wasn't right, but my husband the sweet, sweet man that he is, said.."go home dear, I'll take care of everything and see the car back to the garage."  My DH rarely brings me flowers (mainly because they make him sneeze) but when it comes to the cars he is Mr. Romantic...well as romantic as it can be and sees to the cars and that I have one that is safe to drive... :o)

The good news is that the garage rescued my DH, saw he had a means of getting home and fixed my car...again.  I got it back this morning and upon my return from collecting the car this large box was there waiting for me... :o)  From yesterday when it seemed that we'd be faced with the possible doom and gloom of car repairs to today when all was fixed and I had a lovely box to open.



As soon as I saw the box I knew what it was.  I was the winner of the Fall-o-ween Blog Hop...and this was the prize.



I just have to say a HUGE thank you to all the designers that contributed to the Blog Hop and for all the goodies in the box.

Gudrun ~ GE Designs
Sandy ~ Pieces From My Heart
Roseann ~ Rosebud's Cottage
Kari ~ New Leaf Stitches
Terry ~ Terry Atkinson Designs
Heather ~ Anka's Treasures (Trends and Traditions)
Terri ~ Whimsical Threads
Carrie ~ La Vie en Rosie
Linda ~ Linda Lum DeBono Designs
Pat ~ Pat Sloan's Designs

It may be pouring rain outside, but my car is back and I have all these lovely goodies to look at.
Thank you soooooo much!!!!



Until next time...

21 comments:

Terry said...

I'm so glad your car is finally fixed! Love all the goodies you got in your package! It must have felt a bit like Christmas! :0)

Ethne said...

WOW - guess who's going to have a super crafting time - how lucky are you - enjoy

autumnesf said...

Oh my I just found that oil mess under my car too. Which is not paid off. I'm afraid to take it in but have a big driving trip next month so I have too. Hope my fix is as easy as yours.

And what an amazing box of goodies!!!! Cant wait to see what you do with them!

Needled Mom said...

It was the silver lining in the dark cloud.

YankeeQuilter said...

What great timing on that box! And your DH is a real stand-up guy for taking care of your car...

orchidlover said...

Glad the car is fixed. My hubby is the same as yours. No flowers but the basics are always covered.
What a great box of goodies from the blog hop.Well done.
Have fun with them

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Ariane said...

It's great when our husbands take care of those car repairs!!! I really hate doing that! Look at all those wonderful goodies!!! That's like an early Christmas gift!!!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Oh dear! One of those days indeed.
I'm having one today. I'm wondering if I should go back to bed.

Doodlebug Gail said...

I saw that you'd won all those goodies - what fun!!! So glad your car is all fixed - my DH does the same thing - drives my car home to figure out if the garage did what they were supposed to :-)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wow! That box is full of wonderful things! My husband doesn't bring me flowers very often either, but he does make sure my car always has gas in it. I wouldn't trade him for anything!

Timi said...

What a day!
Congratulations on winning the goodies :o)!

Shirley said...

What a great gift box that was Jane. Lucky you.
Love Shirley.x

Laura said...

What a great looking package. Good mail always cheers me up too!

Contented Caroline said...

I can fully sympathise with your car problems - i'm having a car crisis also - when they go wrong they go spectacularly wrong and costly wrong. Not good. Didn't you do well with your winnings. Wow. It all looks fabulous - lets see the winning design you made pleeeease.

Quilter Kathy said...

OH my goodness Jane! You hit the jackpot!...with the quilty treats and the husband!

Jackie said...

Wow! What a wonderful big box of goodies!

I love it when my husband takes care of my car for me. There is just something so wonderful about it.

Rita Vermeersch said...

Dear Jane,
Thank you for your lovely comment.
I'm pleased for you, that finely you car got fixed. I took my time, to see your lovely works, very original and unique,... and the photografy FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Lina said...

Congratulations! What a lovely box of goodies to lift the spirits!

Tanya said...

A husband who takes of you like that doesn't NEED to bring home flowers!!! He's a winner! And so are you with that box bursting with goodies!

Stina said...

WOW... what a package...O))) Congratulations!!!!

Lynda said...

Not such a bad day then, overall! Lots and lots of goodies in the box!