Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pretty Flower Pictures

My neighbour has a beautiful garden and when they are away it is our task to keep things watered...and do our best not to kill anything or let anything die!!  (No pressure!!)  :o)  Well, as it happened, one of their plants went into full bloom while they were away, so I grabbed a few pics to capture the moment.  I'm sure they won't mind if I share them with you.  Don't ask me what the flower is...as you know I'm no gardener!! LOL  I'm sure one of you will know the answer and post it in the comments.









Until next time...

14 comments:

Contented Caroline said...

It's one of my favourites; an agapanthus - lovely colours and gorgeous photo's.

solomi558 said...

Agapanthus--cottonreel

Cathi said...

It is a gorgeous flower and your pictures are, as usual, absolutely stunning!

Ali said...

It's been a bumper year for Agapanthus and your photos are glorious. At least your neighbour can see their flowers in the peak of perfection on a picture!

Chookyblue...... said...

love taking pics of agapanthus and often they have bees around............great pics........

Janet said...

Wow - you work magic with your camara!

Needled Mom said...

Gorgeous. Ours bloom around the 4th of July and always remind me of fireworks.

ale balanzario said...

Thanks for these lovely flowers photos!!

anne bebbington said...

Yep - agapanthus they are - they also come in white - last year we were on Sark at the time for them to bloom and they were everywhere - totally stunning - and gorgeous photos as ever, you are so talented with a camera

orchidlover said...

beautiful photos. My agapanthus bloomed this year for the first time in 5 years. I had forgotten about them to be honest.They are such stately flowers.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful Jane! The color is just gorgeous!

Kitty said...

There were lots of these agapanthus blooms on Jersey. Gorgeous, aren't they? As always, wonderful pictures. x

Sue-Anne said...

Beautiful photos Jane. We grow them here because they are supposed to be very tough for survival in our summers and I think I read somewhere that they originate from Africa. I also have some dwarf aggies and they are really pretty too with much more delicate leaves.

Digital-Grace said...

So luminescent they are!