Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Looking for a new home...

Forgive me, but this post is really only going to apply to people living near and around Stoke-on-Trent and Rugby.  My mother-in-law is trying to find homes for her two sewing machines and due to the size and weight they really can't be shipped..although I know there are some of you in the USA that would love to have them!

One is a 1930's Singer treadle sewing machine which is in perfect working order and has all the feet and the wood is in excellent condition.  She would like a firm £50 for it. (Sorry - SOLD)



The second is a 1950's Singer sewing machine that again is a perfect working order.  Any offers considered...really she just wants to see it go to a good home :o)


If you are at all interested, please email me and we'll take it from there.

Until next time...

12 comments:

Terry said...

Oh if only I didn't live clear across the silly ocean from you! LOL They're both just lovely!

Chris said...

I have emailed you - fingers crossed!
Chris x

Nancy said...

I too wish I lived closer. Oh, darn.

sewali said...

I do live close enough and would love the treadle machine, but I really don't have space for it. However, if no-one else wants it, I could probably clear out a corner somewhere! Please let me know if it's going begging.

Beatriz said...

Sure to let them go? They´re lovely!
I´ll make their new owners very happy! Ahd what a perfect stich they´ve got!

Allabitrandom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allabitrandom said...

My Mum had a hand operated Singer and was very sad to see it go. How wonderful that these are still in working order. I do hope they are loved in their new homes.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh BooHoo! I hope they find a wonderful home -- especially since they're both in working order!

Angie said...

I put a link on my blog for you.. lets hope these machines will find a great home.
I'd take the treadle in a snip but I already have one in the only spare corner of my house.... shame.

Fiona said...

Sooo tempting - but I just don't have the room. They sound like an absolute bargain.

Jackie said...

They're both lovely and I hope they find wonderful new homes. They seem to be priced really well. You didn't want them both?

Gayle said...

Ahh.. too bad I live in the USA. =) The 1950's Singer looks just like my Mom's machine, does it run by a lever pressed with your knee?